Join the paw-some team at Rudie's Kitchen, part of Butternut Box, where we cook up tails of success and wagging tails. 🐾
We're looking for hard-working dog lovers (and animals) like you to join our manufacturing team in Blyth, Doncaster. In return for your tail-wagging dedication, we offer a competitive wage of up to £14.71 per hour. 📣 A bit about us
At Butternut, our mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, we need a hard-working team. And we need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why we have built one.
Located in Blyth, Doncaster (just off the Junction of A1(M) and A614 Hill Top Roundabout, Blyth S81 8HG), Rudie's Kitchen is where our Butternut meals (we currently have 12 recipes) will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients. Rudie's is also where we will be packaging our meals and boxing them for our customers all over the UK. We are a close nit team, with a that family feel, looking to welcome more like minded people to our lovely team and keep work life fun and enjoyable.
We are pleased to say, this is a full-time permanent contract, you will be working a rolling average of 41 hours per week working on a shift rotation with a mixture of days / nights and some weekend working. The working shifts days consisting of 7am to 7pm and nights consisting of 7pm-7am.
- 4 on, 4 off = 2 day, 2 nights
- 5 on, 5 off = 3 days, 2 nights
- 5 on, 5 off = 2 days, 3 nights
🐕🦺 A bit about the role
- Work in a safe way following all appropriate safety procedures and wearing protective equipment correctly at all times
- Being responsible for driving line performance, as well as diagnosing any operational issues with the lines
- Conduct quality checks ensuring that we meet product specifications
- Perform machine/equipment hygiene and changeovers
- Preparing ingredients for production and mixing our recipes
- Operation of production line equipment to the agreed operational settings
- Other general tasks waste processing, order packing etc
- Work to relevant standards and Key Performance Indicators
- Occasional attendance and contribution at daily review meeting and regular attendance/contribution at online performance reviews
- General facility hygiene - floors, walls and conveyors etc and working in a manner that epitomises ‘clean as you go’
🐶 A Paw-fect Candidate
- Previous machine operative experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential
- Strong knowledge of a heavy duty and high-speed machinery
- Excellent knowledge of safety methods and hazard regulations.
- Working level of speaking English
- Ability to read English
- Numerate (able to understand and work with numbers)
- Good attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a chilled environment
- Comfortable working in an environment that processes raw protein (lamb, pork, turkey, chicken)
- Committed to food quality
- A supportive & helpful team member
🙌 The perks
- 257.5 hours holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- 39 hours of paid "Paws Days" for you to take a break, rest and relax
- Enhanced parental leave
- Opportunity to grow, develop and learn
- Be part of an energetic and high performing team
- Team socials & events
- Butternut Box employee discount (Dog Food)
🦴A Few Things to Chew On:
- This role is 100% based in our kitchen in Blyth, Doncaster (just off the Junction of A1(M) and A614 Hill Top Roundabout, Blyth S81 8HG)
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally, however, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are sometimes unable to respond to everyone
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career, if it makes your application easier for you please feel free to complete the application form in your native language, we are really happy to translate it afterwards.
- At Butternut, we are passionate about building a diverse & inclusive team that cares for one another. We expect all team members to live by our values.
We look forward to receiving your application!