Are you an exceptional Talent and Development Manager who is keen to build something for the future? Do you have experience improving our candidate and employee journey? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make an impact on our squad member experience?
We want to keep a values-based approach to keep our customers and our squad at the heart of what we do..
📣 A bit about the role
In this role, you will partner with site People Managers across the Operational facilities. You will lead an existing team of 3 people, soon to be up to 6, with operational trainers in the plan and you will report to People Director - Operations.
You will be focused on understanding the current and future skills we need and have to then further evolving our hiring decisions and therefore our future squad growth and development programmes, taking us to the next level where the team see a future to grow within Butternut.
This team is responsible for driving a high-performing culture as well as ensuring we consistently raise the bar, have robust succession plans and hire great talent, especially at a leadership level. There will be a big focus on process standards and driving our values, behaviour, legislative and compliance awareness and creating an environment where people are equipped to do their roles in the best possible way and be ready for the next one, directly impacting our Engagement Survey scores around Career, Growth and Belonging.
Some of the people initiatives you will be responsible for and work in partnership with the team on include:
- Lead a best-in-class end-to-end recruitment process benchmarked against external practices.
- In partnership with the team, develop creative strategies to attract and retain diverse and top talent through understanding our evolving make-up.
- Work closely with site and operations leadership teams to understand headcount and staffing needs 1 - 3 years out to develop plans.
- Ensure strong partnership on hiring for Operations Step 6 and 7 roles.
- Set the standard for a great onboarding process that is carried through to the weekly work environment, understanding external best practices.
- Collaborate with department heads to align training with business goals.
- Lead on our Career Development, Talent Review and Succession Planning.
- Create and drive an objective, data-based succession plan process that informs skills and values needs and creates solutions for now and the future.
- Identify and ensure scalable training programs to respond to our existing or future needs.
- Identify and address skill gaps through various learning and development initiatives.
- In partnership with the Diversity & Wellbeing Lead, create diversity and inclusion offerings within the workplace to promote an inclusive and equitable environment and drive adoption and growth across locations.
Performance & Engagement:
- Implement and oversee the Feedback Cycle, partnering with the on-site teams who will execute.
- Understand the outcomes of the Engagement & DE&I Cycle driving plans and results.
- Help create a leadership development pathway for those in leadership roles or wanting to develop into leadership roles.
- Measure the success of programmes rolled out and ensure buy-in and commitment from people and operational leadership groups on sites.
Compliance & Data:
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Contribute to the development of People strategies and policies.
- Stay updated on industry best practices.
- Utilise data and analytics to make informed decisions.
- Track and report on key talent and development KPIs.
- Identify trends and areas for improvement.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with various departments to align activities with business objectives.
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
🐶 A bit about us.
“It all started with a dog that couldn’t stop farting’’
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, they believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
Are you up for the challenge?
👋 A bit about you
- Experienced Talent and Development Manager
- Proven track record in improving candidate and employee journeys
- Effective leader managing people on different level
- Strategic focus on squad growth and development
- Expert in recruitment strategies and hiring for leadership roles
- Committed to fostering high-performing cultures and robust succession plans
- Ensures compliance, utilizes data for decisions, and drives diversity and inclusion initiatives
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- Enjoy 257.5 hours of holiday per year, plus an extra day for each year of service (up to 5 days).
- 39 hours of pre-booked paws days to support good wellbeing and self care.
- Unlock a £500 annual budget for personal learning and development.
- Get discounted Private Medical Insurance with Vitality Healthcare, and discounted dental plans with Bupa.
- Satisfy your taste buds with subsidised food from a variety of street food vans, and of course, pay day pizza!
- Treat your furry friend with an employee discount on Butternut Box.
- Say goodbye to parking woes with free parking and electric car charging.
- Prepare for adorable office dog overload—meet Cleo, Paxo, Cali, Ronnie, Harvey, Milo, and many more!
❗️A few things to note:
- This role cannot be done remotely and requires a large amount of on-site presence
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.