We’re looking for a hard-working, ambitious and highly analytical Finance Analyst to join the FP&A team here at Butternut Box. The successful candidate would need to be a qualified accountant with FP&A experience, strong Excel skills and be keen for a step up into a fast-paced start-up environment where comfort with ambiguity is a must.
📣 A bit about the role.
As a senior FP&A analyst you will provide support to the business spanning all aspects of reporting, planning, forecasting and budgeting as well as insightful analysis to help the company meet its objectives. You will examine what we’ve found so far, and based on your analysis we’ll be making strategic decisions about where we head next. You will be comfortable both analysing bulk data and owning projects. In this role, you can expect to:
- Support with and lead up parts of the semi-annual budgeting processes.
- Model out scenarios for different product / market launches and growth initiatives. We are expanding into Europe quickly; this role will help us prepare for new market launches and will work closely with international teams to support their success.
- Work with our international & commercial teams to understand in granular detail: CPA, future growth rates, retention, channel effectiveness and where to allocate resources, customer profiles, etc.
- Hosting 4 weekly periodic business reviews (PBRs) with business leaders to ensure we are having the right discussions and making timely decisions based on business performance.
- Be responsible for the rolling forecast process. This will involve collating output from our management accounts and from business leaders, to understand how deviations from plan impact the business over the short, medium and long term.
- Understand the risks and opportunities facing the business. Help define strategies for how these can be mitigated or capitalised upon and hold those responsible to account.
- Communicate and present analysis regularly to senior management, discussing findings that will impact future strategies.
- Prepare materials for bi-monthly board meetings.
- Produce high quality and timely outputs for ad-hoc requests both internally and from the Board such as cohort analyses, LTV & payback rates, retention metrics, margin drivers, cost saving initiatives, working capital improvements and sensitivity analyses.
- Recommend and own specific departmental goals each quarter with an aim to constantly drive improvements in our reporting processes, critically analyse business performance, keep the business forward looking and lead to better internal decision making.
👋 A bit about you.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- 2 years+ professional experience in FP&A
- Proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly inquisitive and analytical mind capable of complex problem solving
- Passionate about how numbers can be transformed into key insight
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Strong data manipulation and analysis skills
- Ability to produce clear graphical data representations & present data in a clear way for finance and non-finance professionals
- Excellent communication skills
- Fine attention to detail with an eagle-eyed ability to spot trends and pick out inaccuracies
- A love for all things dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- 5 paid 'paws' days per year to support to learning and/or wellbeing
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Ajax, Brio, Basil, Chorizo, Lenny, Jasper, Peggy, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- This role is a hybrid position (3 days from the office, 2 from home).
- We sadly can't offer visa sponsorship or relocation support for this role at this time.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.