We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
Purpose of the job
Own, lead and grow a certain IT domain (discipline / department) within IT Application Delivery.
An IT Application Delivery Domain Lead is accountable to drive the IT Application Delivery, Services and Financials within its domain to enhance business value, improve service performance, and end user satisfaction. In certain domains that work towards or according to the Agile DevOps set-up, it includes delivery of infrastructure changes or projects as well.
Next to being the expert in his/her functional area, the Domain Lead has as people manager responsibility for a team of IT Functional Engineers, Operations Team Leads and potentially Project Managers and/or Scrum Masters in the specific functional domain. He/she is responsible for training its IT employees and business/functional stakeholders to work in a more agile way, starting to work in a DevOps way once the maturity is high enough.
He/she works closely together with the Resource & Capability managers to ensure a balanced outsourced/insourced and onshore/offshore workforce and is accountable for the overall quality and deliverables of externals assigned to its domain. There can be specific key accountabilities defined for the various domain lead roles. He/she will manage the suppliers both from a service and a financial point of view to ensure the right services are delivered according to the agreed SLAs and budgets.
The Domain Lead is responsible for managing the financials of his area of responsibility. The Domain Lead needs to enable working practices that the team achieves 100% PO compliance, that POs are created and approved before the work starts, that accruals are created and proactively managed to reflect the actual status of spend, that at least quarterly there is a full review of all POs and contracts and that a rolling forecast is made starting with 12 months, extending this to 18 months. Besides this, the Domain Lead ensures ‘cost conscious’- mindset for his area. This all in close cooperation with the IT Controller and his team.
Proper contract and supplier management needs to be executed to ensure that existing contracts are timely renewed given us enough time to see how we can improve/optimize the current conditions or to stop a current service or support. For contractors, contracts need to be in place and approved plus the PO created before the work starts. This will require putting new practices into place and ensuring tight and timely follow up.
The Domain Lead will ensure that proper KPIs are in place to measure both the service and financial performance and that these are used to drive performance.
People and change management.
- Create and manage a high performing team of IT Technical engineers, project managers,
- Operations Team Leads and external consultants or suppliers, ensuring they are trained and developed with the right knowledge and mindset to meet business objectives.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration within the IT and business organizations.
- Drive process improvements within the domain, enabling end to end process optimization.
- Transition to the agile DevOps WoW within the domain.
- Anticipate major changes affecting the organization and mobilizes resources accordingly.
- Sparring partner for senior management. Challenge senior management regarding primary processes and projects and strategic IT issues.
- Match resource demand with supply, to ensure delivery of required resources and that this is done through the right inhouse/outsourced and the right onshore and offshore set up.
Service and vendor performance management
- Manage the service and the performance of the infrastructure and the services.
- Ensure all activities and services comply to the security rules and policies.
- When issues occur or services fail ensure a proper rout cause analysis with concrete defined improvement steps to avoid reoccurrence.
- Onboard and manage the OT infrastructure services where applicable.
- On a regular basis review and optimize contracts and services. Ensure that contract and service renewal is planned well in advance to provide us with options on how to proceed.
- Ensure a healthy and robust internal control and risk mindset, and ensure that controls are delivered, and relevant policies are compiled to.
- Drive end user satisfaction within domain
- Manage the number of IT tickets, seek improvement areas to reduce the number of incident or to enable more automation using the chatbot.
- Manage escalations.
- Manage and drive supplier performance.
- Encourage the team to close deviations and monitor all change requests are prepared; reviewed and submitted. Approve deviation logs including classification.
- Ensure that proper service management is set up and managed using a predefined set of KPIs.
Supplier and Vendor management
- Manage the financials of his area of responsibility (primarily budget setting, quarterly forecast, monthly actuals reporting), have full control of both HQ and local costs.
- Ensure 100% PO compliance.
- Ensure that POs are created and approved before the work starts.
- Ensure that accruals are created and proactively managed to reflect the actual status of spend.
- Ensure a quarterly full review of all POs and contracts. Ensure POs are adjusted in case of significant changes in the deliverables or timeline
- Ensure that a 18 months rolling forecast is made that is updated on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure proper contract and supplier management.
- Ensure that existing contracts are timely renewed, giving us enough time to see how we can improve/optimize the current conditions or to stop a current service or support.
- Ensure that proper vendor management is set up and managed using a predefined set of KPIs.
Infrastructure development and delivery
- Manage the end-to-end infrastructure delivery process within own domain including project planning, execution, and monitoring of progress, ensuring timely and quality delivery.
- Identify, assess, and manage risks to ensure successful project delivery.
- Monitor project progress and risks, track expenses, and ensure projects remain within budget.
- Ensures through project managers or line management in the team for completing the required progress templates and the monthly financial tracker.
- Ensure that projects are properly staffed both with IT internal/external and business resources. Resource commitment needs to be in place prior to the project start.
- Provide regular project status updates and reports to senior management and key stakeholders in business.
- Work with other departments and stakeholders to ensure successful handover and support post go live.
- Ensure projects deliver users that are both trained in how to use the tools as in how the process works.
- Ensure the relevant hyper care enables the users to fully embrace and properly use the new tools and processes.
- Ensure high focus on delivery projects with clean and harmonized data.
- Performs complex analysis (e.g. scenario analysis), on own and other impacted domains and advises on business impact, (process) optimization, implementation planning and approach, cost and effort
- Ensure projects are executed in accordance with the security and compliance requirements as set by the Security team; the architecture guidelines as set by the Architecture team and;
- the business and functions plans as defined by the IT Business Partners together with their various stakeholders.
Become part of an outstanding company
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
- A competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays.
- Participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan.
- Travel expenses to and from work.
- Opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role.
More information and how to apply
We welcome your online application via https://www.akzonobel.com/en/careers. Only online applications will be considered. If applicable, is essential that you have a visa that allows you to work in the Netherlands. If you have any questions, please contact Berber Wegener, Talent Acquisition Partner, TalentResourcing.NL@akzonobel.com.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 31570