Location: Utrecht As Senior financial controller, would you like to contribute to accelerating the professionalisation of the Group Control Department? Is your ambition to work in care? And would you like to contribute to an organisation where care is provided with heart and soul to the elderly and people with a mental disability? At Stichting De Opbouw you will find the suitable challenge you are looking for where you will be given a diversity of work and responsibilities! Stichting De Opbouw is a sustainable and innovative non-profit organisation in full swing with an annual turnover of approximately EUR 275m. De Opbouw cares for some 6,400 elderly and mentally disabled people. De Opbouw is based in Utrecht.
Organisational and departmental description
Working at De Opbouw means working for 3 healthcare organisations. In the financial column, forces are combined and uniformity is introduced in the various financial work processes. A separation has been made between the financial administration on the one hand and the control function (financial control and business control) on the other. This provides stability and brings focus for professionalisation in supporting the three care organisations. The Senior Financial Controller reports to the Group Controller and is cooperating foreman of the Financial Controllers (3 fte). Within Group Control, you also work closely with the various business controllers, because of the input they provide for the reports within Financial Control. Together with the Manager Financial Accounting, you discuss the periodic closures.
As senior financial controller, you will be responsible for:
- Functional management of 3 financial controllers & treasury function;
- Coordinating, managing and monitoring the planning & control cycle;
- Insight into performance by preparing monthly and quarterly reports to (group) managers, Executive Board and Supervisory Board;
- Preparing the financial statements & establishing the multi-year budget;
- Liaison with various external contacts, such as the external auditor & coordinating their audits, and with the banks, tax or revenue authorities;
- Develop, manage and apply/ roll out reporting formats/ accounting manual
- Policy development and implementation at strategic level;
- Project leader in projects and change processes related to business policy.
The operation of the administration holds no secrets for you because you manage the accounting manual. As an experienced financial controller, you thoroughly enjoy your work. You are someone who works accurately, has and keeps an overview easily, and can plan and organise. Through your strong oral and written expression skills, and with humour, you know how to move and position yourself appropriately within an organisation. You bring an analytical sharpness and have a positive critical attitude. You share your views with tact and conviction, always managing to stay in touch with the various internal and external stakeholders.
- HBO+ / WO working and thinking level;
- Several years of relevant work experience in financial control and financial statement preparation;
- You have experience in improving financial administrative processes
- It is a plus if you have experience as an accountant;
- Having an RA or RC title is a plus.
- A competitive salary based on the CLA for the disabled, depending on knowledge, experience and level of education;
- An employment contract for 36 hours per week;
- Employment conditions in accordance with CAO Disability Care: among other things, we offer a fixed end-of-year bonus of 8.33%, a holiday allowance of 8%, a travel allowance and training opportunities;
- The possibility of partial hybrid working.