About the team
Thales is a multinational company that operates in several industries, including defense, aerospace, transportation, and security. Thales provides advanced technology solutions to customers in these industries to help them meet their operational requirements and improve their overall performance.
The core business of Thales can be summarized as follows:
- Defense and Security: Thales provides advanced solutions to military and security customers worldwide. These solutions include secure communication systems, advanced radar and sonar systems, and electronic warfare solutions;
- Aerospace: Thales is a leading supplier of avionics systems, which are used by aircraft manufacturers and airlines worldwide. These systems include flight control systems, in-flight entertainment systems, and cockpit displays;
- Transportation: Thales provides solutions for railway signaling and control systems, as well as advanced fare collection and ticketing systems. Thales also provides solutions for air traffic management and navigation systems;
- Digital Identity and Security: Thales provides advanced solutions for digital identity and security, including biometric authentication, encryption and key management, and secure IoT connectivity.
About your future job
Within the Defense Mission System (DMS) sector of our organization, Thales is seeking an experienced Systems Integration and Test Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful integration, verification, validation, and qualification of our products and systems.
You will work closely with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure that our products meet customer requirements and are ready for deployment.
The main tasks are:
- Develop and execute integration, verification, validation, and qualification plans and procedures for our products and systems;
- Collaborate with other engineers to identify and resolve integration issues;
- Develop test cases and perform testing to ensure that our products meet customer requirements;
- Document test results and provide feedback to development teams;
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on testability and test coverage;
- Identify areas for process improvement and recommend changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness;
- Work with project teams to ensure that our products and systems are delivered on time and within budget.
Why you'd be a good match
- Bachelor's degree in a technical domain (e.g., Electrical Engineering or Computer Science);
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in integration, verification, validation, and qualification of complex systems;
- Experience with requirements management tools and software testing tools;
- Strong team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to travel as required to support project needs;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
What's in it for you
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.