Your career starts on Magnet.me
Create a profile and receive smart job recommendations based on your liked jobs.
** Note: for this Traineeship we are searching for fresh MSc graduates with maximum 1 year work experience, who have the ambition to start their Commercial career in the Trading and Commodity industry. We have created this traineeship to train our own top talent in hopefully growing further in roles such as Junior Trader, Commercial Executive or Operations Executive.
Furthermore, having an European Nationality is mandatory since we cannot offer a Highly Skilled Migrant visa**
Golden Agri-Resources (GAR) is one of the world’s largest seed-to-shelf agribusinesses. GAR manages about 536,000 hectares of plantations, including smallholder farms, across Indonesia. Our downstream refining and specialty product facilities manufacture high-quality products for the global agronomy, food, oleochemical, and bioenergy markets. We ship and trade our materials across the world and develop efficient and transparent supply chains. We have also launched a sugar storage and distribution business to leverage our shipping and logistics capabilities.
At GAR we aim to develop top and diverse commercial talent towards future expert and managerial roles. Our Commercial Management Trainee Program offers the opportunity to accelerate your development as a future expert during an 18-month program.
ABOUT GOLDEN AGRI-RESOURCES EUROPE
We are a young, ambitious and rapid growing company, active in the trading of bulk commodities and Oleochemicals in Europe. We have offices in the Netherlands, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Brazil, Colombia and we are part of an international group, headquartered and stock exchange listed in Singapore and with various departments located across Indonesia.
You will be joining a young and dynamic team of approximately 80 people across Europe, of which 43 are based in the Netherlands.
WHAT IS THE TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM ABOUT?
During the 18 months you will rotate in between four departments: Palm, Oleochemicals, Sugar and Business Development. When the four rotations have been successful, then you will visit our Spanish office for two months. During your rotation across the various businesses you will be exposed to both our day-to-day operations as well as our long-term strategies.
As part of the Traineeship Program, you can expect the following experiences, have exposure to and gain knowledge of
· Strategic and managerial challenges
· Participating and leading different commercial activities, projects and processes for the assigned department.
· Collaborating with other departments such as operations, supply chain, commercial, business development, quality.
· Learning on the job from experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager, mentor and peers.
· Participating in structured learning to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Latin America and Asia.
· Building a peer network across GAR.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO GAR (REQUIRED)
· Completed MSc degree in Economics, Business Economics, Supply Chain, Business (Administration)
· Entry level work experience (up to 1 year) and/or internship in relevant areas
· Proficient with MS Office software
· Fluency in English. Any other European language would be considered an advantage.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO GAR (PREFERRED)
· Interested in Commodities, Trading
· Team player and independent thinker
· Meticulous, accurate and hands-on
· Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work independently
· Willingness to take responsibility and initiative.
· Effective communicator and interpersonal skills
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· High integrity and ethical standards
· Capable of critical and abstract thinking
· Sociable, capable of dealing with different type of people
· Able to navigate in a fast-paced and international environment
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest agribusiness companies in the world.
At GAR we have a strong set of values that are at the heart of our business decisions, every day; integrity, positive attitude, commitment, continues improvement, innovation and loyalty. We want to efficiently provide sustainable and superior quality agribusiness and consumer products, solutions and services to create value for all our stakeholders.
We are accepting applications until end December. We will then proceed to do a prescreening call. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in our office with the hiring managers and HR manager. If successful, there will be a 2nd and final round which will also consist of an on-the-spot assignment to complete.
Note: we do not offer a VISA Work Permit.
Golden Agri-Resources Europe is a young, ambitious and rapid growing company, active in the trading of bulk commodities and Oleo chemicals in Europe. We have offices in the Netherlands, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Brazil and Colombia.
Our goal is to efficiently provide sustainable and superior quality agribusiness and consumer products, solutions and services to create value for all our stakeholders.
At Golden Agri-Resources you get direct exposure to the business from day 1. In Europe you join an entrepreneurial organization where you’ll collaborate with, and learn from experienced and talented colleagues, make an impact and shape your own future career.
Working At Golden Agri-Resources Europe has provided me with a great culture to be a part of as well as a dynamic environment to learn from. The company is eager to pass on knowledge to new employees and allows them to learn in a great environment with a very collaborative team.