1 - Cardiovascular diseases is now the no. 1 cause of death globally. The Novartis Cardio Metabolic team look to lead the way in developing treatments for a huge area of unmet medical need. As part of the field based medical team, you will play a highly visible role, building scientific partnerships with HCPs and decision makers through evidence based scientific exchange activities.
- The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based, non-promotional medical and scientific role.
- Working in partnership with their therapeutic area aligned Medical team, their key objective is to build partnerships with external medical experts (ME) to communicate evidence based critical scientific, technical and development matters relating to Novartis products/compounds and the therapeutic areas (TAs) they relate to.
- Establish and manage scientifically based relationships with clinical investigators, MEs and other stakeholders
- Provide scientific information to relevant MEs, speakers & investigators on data as appropriate
- Facilitate and maintain legitimate scientific exchange related to Novartis compounds and pipeline with MEs, speakers and investigators to advance understanding of new scientific principles, research trends and current scientific debate
- Provide scientific and educational information to MEs on specific patient critical issues, including medical education and support on RMPs where appropriate
- Build and execute ME engagement plans which proactively support the Medical plan
- Provides proactive support for Product Development Teams (PDTs) & Integrated Brand Teams (IBTs) in providing deep market and clinical understanding of pipeline therapeutic areas
- Gathers external insights and utilizes insights to shape Novartis product strategy
- Collaborates with Novartis colleagues to gather, analyse and report insights from all legitimate sources that may impact Novartis developmental plans, trial designs, launch strategies, current brand strategies and tactics
- Ensures that their time and activities are fully aligned to and focused on delivering the Therapeutic Area Medical Plan
- Acts as a field-based reference point for non-promotional scientific and clinical expertise to field force and encourage self-sufficiency in the field force where feasible
- Identifies and tracks potential research opportunities that are closely aligned with Novartis molecule development objectives through facilitating Clinical Research as agreed with Medical TA Head
- Responsible for milestone delivery in supported research projects.
- Proactively develops scientific research concepts and ideas with investigators that deliver new data to enhance Novartis product profile
- Provide study and site level feasibility and research site recommendations
- Provide strategic support during entire trial process to support study and patient accrual as appropriate, and manage the investigator relationship
- Ensures that prevailing legislation, GCP, Ethical Committee, SOP, local WP requirements, and ABPI Code of Practice requirements are fulfilled.
- Operates with integrity and proactively contributes to a credible image for Novartis UK in the local Health Care and Medical & Scientific community.
- Adheres to Novartis Code of Conduct
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Scientific based degree Desired:
- Masters, PhD or other higher level scientific based qualification (e.g. medic, registered pharmacist etc.)
- Previous experience within an MSL role (highly desired) OR extensive experience within the Cardiovascular therapy area.
- The ability to understand, process, communicate and present scientific information
- Strong presentation, communication and networking skills
- Proven track record of cross-functional team working
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt priorities according to business and strategic needs