The #1 cause! Wet AMD is an eye disease that damages a portion of the retina and is the #1 cause of blindness in industrial nations AND the #3 cause of blindness globally. How would you like to be involved in bringing a product to market with the potential to impact millions of patients every year? The Retina Franchise is looking for highly energized, passionate people to join the Novartis ophthalmology sales team.
The purpose of the Key Account Manager role is to build and execute business plans to meet sales goals for the assigned territory and to develop effective business relationships with customers in the ophthalmology therapy area. The customer base is secondary care and includes hospitals, institutions, local health authorities or private payers.
The territory for this role is East Anglia and it sits within our Ophthalmology Franchise.
- Executes account plans for assigned product lines/brands, customers or therapeutic area; uncovers and develops new business opportunities.
- Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships)
- Develops business/clinical networks supporting Medical advocacy and key opinion leader plans, including medical experts from customer or academic communities.
- Adapts and optimizes approach and communications style during sales calls, responding appropriately to customer needs Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls.
- Ensures that Novartis products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
- Deploys and uses Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; coordinates direct promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities. Presents highly technical portfolios to customer audiences.
- Develops deep specialist product and disease state knowledge in a specific therapeutic area and leverages this to build professional customer relationships and support sound clinical discussions.
- Uses detailed knowledge of competitor products’ features and benefits during sales calls to improve sales of Novartis products.
- Allocates resources effectively for sampling, programs, and events, etc. Integrates customer-facing activities in cross-functional teams (e.g. Medical Affairs, Market Access) to achieve sales targets.
- Provides Novartis stakeholders and other colleagues with insight and feedback gained from customer interactions.
- Desirably educated to Degree Level ideally in Business, Science or Marketing
- Proven experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Related pharma field-sales experience within Secondary Care
- Commercial acumen and awareness.
- Experience in product launch
- Experience in Ophthalmology - beneficial