An exciting opportunity to join Zurich UK’s Company Secretariat & Governance function reporting into the Head of Company Secretariat & Governance.
The successful candidate will support the Head of UK Secretariat & Governance in leading the function, will lead on ensuring the governance framework is fit for purpose and will manage their own portfolio of boards and committees. The role is high profile and will involve regular contact with senior stakeholders
- Ensure companies operate lawfully and within their constitution.
- Ensure the maintenance of applicable statutory registers and Group databases.
- Ensure companies operate in accordance with Zurich policies, procedures and Group subsidiary requirements.
- Provide a full company secretarial service to a portfolio of regulated companies and committees.
- Assist and support the execution of company documents.
- Facilitate Director induction/refresher training.
- Provide advice and information on the corporate structure.
- Ensure the filing of statutory documents with Companies House, including statutory accounts, annual confirmation statements and event driven filings.
- Custodian of company records including minute books, filing records, correspondence, statutory documents, contracts and other documentation.
- Deputise for the Head of UK Company Secretariat & Governance as required, including attendance and minuting of the Monthly UK Executive Committee.
- Provide support and advice to the UK Executive and other key stakeholders on compliance with governance requirements and governance best practice.
- Lead on governance improvement projects and initiatives.
- Project support – be a key part of business projects that impact on the team, its remit or operate across our legal entity structure (e.g. BREXIT, SMCR, Legal Entity Simplification, Acquisitions / Divestments etc).
- Build awareness of how UK processes, tools and remit differ from other parts of Zurich Group and identify any opportunities for learning from other territories.
- Provide mentoring/technical coaching/training to other members of the team and support their development as company secretaries.
- Identify new legislation, regulations or guidance that impacts on our entities or the services we provide.
- Build our external presence and network to obtain a better perspective and insight on what other organisations do in the company secretarial and governance space.
- UK Executive Committee, Executive Directors, Shareholder Directors and Independent Non-executive Directors.
- Members of the local regional and global legal function.
- Other functions e.g. Finance, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Audit.
- Regulatory and other authorities (e.g. Companies House, Financial Reporting Council).
- Other service providers (e.g. lawyers, liquidators).
- Qualified Chartered Secretary (or equivalent)
Your skills and experience
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably within financial services.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders and be known as a trusted adviser.
- Experienced in company secretarial law and practice.
- Expert knowledge of relevant corporate law and governance and its application.
- Ability to record complex issues in a succinct and accurate manner to board directors and senior managers.
- Ability to challenge, and represent the function in key meetings / projects.
- Excellent organisational and minuting skills.
- Experienced in designing and delivering governance frameworks.
We offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- Industry leading Defined Contribution Pension scheme where employer contributions are 12 % of base salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private Medical Insurance
- Car Allowance
- Annual company bonus
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus many more!