Mission and Main Objectives:
To join a team of Engineers who develop, manage and maintain Factory Critical Production Systems at the Nissan Sunderland Plant. As a Systems Engineer at NMUK you will be working in a cutting edge IIoT environment to help deliver consistent sustainable results utilising an array of open source technologies, familiar to software engineers across the globe
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Support Nissan Engineering and Maintenance Departments with new, existing and legacy technologies.
- Manage Facility Support PC’s used to diagnose and develop industrial control system software.
- Design, develop and maintain OEE and KPI systems with the aim of reducing BDR and MTTR.
- Integrate new and existing equipment into the existing network infrastructure.
- Design, develop and maintain process and quality data management systems.
- Develop specifications to meet cross-departmental requirements.
- Manage critical issues within systems and implement timely resolutions.
- Be able to operate individually and as part of a team.
- Provide technical solutions to complex issues.
- Provide documentation for new and existing systems.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Factory Automation & Industrial IT Systems, good working knowledge of PLC, HMI’s (Siemens, Omron)
- Technical problem solving and direct interface with control system OEMs to resolve issues
- Working knowledge of SCADA/OPC technologies and IIoT approaches to data gathering
- Manage existing Cisco network infrastructure, server infrastructure including Microsoft Operating Systems, Hyper-V and Active Directory.
- Manage security and virus updates across approx. 50 PC’s.
- Experience in Application design and development.
- HNC or HND in Electrical/Electronic or Software Discipline