- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing technical and non-technical groups to drive positive business outcomes.
- Experience with security technologies, including CCTV, Access Control, Incident Management Systems and Security Operations Centers.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
- Experience in conducting investigations, including criminal, human resources and safety incidents.
- Experience in data center and security system elements of design.
- Experience in working on active construction sites and providing safety/security countermeasures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
About the job
The Global Data Center Security team operates secure data centers globally, through a scalable, holistic, and efficient physical security program. It is our goal to bring dynamic, innovative, and functional security solutions to the data center environment. As a Security Manager, you will be in charge of managing security vendors and budgeting for security services on location. You will collaborate with other Google business units to implement security policy, investigate violations, and resolve security concerns at the data center. You will manage active security incidents, respond to all critical events, and liaise with public safety.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop and implement corporate security standards, policies and practices to make continual improvements and increase the effectiveness of the security program.
- Conduct awareness training, risk assessments, and monitor local and regional challenges.
- Review, audit, and enforce security design elements for all new data center construction on location.
- Partner closely with and offer guidance and consultation to Facility and Operations Management. Liaise with public safety to ensure excellent community relations and training synergies.
- Oversee management of security vendors, providing guard staffing, and manage the budget for all security services on location. Assist in coordination of security services to support planned and unplanned operations.