A bit about the team:
The Accounts Payable Team is an important function that requires those with vision, the ability to deliver change, efficiency, attention to detail and of course results!
We are currently a team of 48, split into four key areas – Stock, Overheads, Payments/Supplier Set up and Reporting.
The Stock Team is responsible for matching and payment of stock that has been receipted into the warehouse, the Non-Stock Team is responsible for matching and payment of invoices that are not stock related and employee’s expenses, resolving any queries promptly and efficiently. This role interfaces with many stakeholders across the business as well as external suppliers
The team consists of 2 AP Managers, 4 Supervisors, 4 Seniors, AP Assistants, Admin Assistants, Data Analyst and Payments team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the below.
- Manage the requests for New Supplier Set-ups for both stock and non-stock suppliers in a timely manner and within SLA and in line with audit requirements.
- Point of contact for all supplier information and audit requests.
- Opening and distribution of post for Accounts Payable department, sending any hard copy invoices to third party for processing.
- Speaking to suppliers to transfer paper copy invoices to electronic.
- Main point of contact for incoming calls for AP.
- Maintenance of various Accounts Payable email inboxes and Instream workflow.
- Managing any supplier change requests and ensure they are audit compliant.
- Liaising with internal and external contacts that have not complied or provided accurate documentation for new supplier set ups.
- Chasing Supervisors to approve suppliers on hold.
- Review Remittance mailbox and chase for correct email addresses for failed remittance.
- Completion of credit requests from suppliers as well as Experian checks against new suppliers.
- Keeping accurate records of files sent to archive and management of all invoices to be archived.
- Assist AP Manager and Senior Payment Assistant with any ad hoc projects.
- Raise Return to supplier Debit Notes when required.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Possibility of processing and management of company expenses.
What Success Looks Like
- Cultivating and maintaining good internal and external business relationships.
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and to tight deadlines, good organisational skills and a flexible approach.
- Proactive and able to show initiative to constantly improve AP Processes, with a can-do attitude.
- Providing exceptional support to the Accounts Payable Team and Management at all times.
- Documenting all processes accurately and maintaining them.
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid change.
We'd love to meet someone with:
- Previous admin experience. It's not a must, would be beneficial but not a must).
- Basic Excel knowledge and know.
- Attention to detail, an accurate and logical approach to work.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task at any one time.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent telephone manner as well as written and oral communication skills.