Are you the ICT /Proces Control Engineer that has gained an impressive skillset in ICT and would like to be the specialist that works close to Production?
DSM Food Specialties (DFS) is a leading global supplier of food enzymes, cultures, taste and bio-preservation ingredients for many of the leading global and local dairy, baking, beverages and savory food brands. At DSM Food Specialties we want to help make existing diets healthier and more sustainable. We apply over 100 years’ expertise in fermentation to the food industry, its processes and products whatever the local preference. Food is our focus and we have more on offer than any of our peers.
Within the Business Unit Savory Ingredients in DFS we are currently looking for a Proces Control Engineer ICT for our Yeast Extract Production facilities. In this position, you will act as a ICT Engineer/ Coordinator where you will have three areas to focus on: preventive, corrective and projects, related to several systems (mainly Manufacturing Execution System) and local applications. You as a Specialist will be focal point for several internal departments such as Production, Supply Chain and Technology but also with external parties!
Your key areas of accountability/responsibilities will be:
- Management of the plant Manufacturing Execution System (MES);
o Operational and functional activities to keep the system running smoothly and monitor system performance.
o Performing preventative maintenance.
o Outsourcing, monitoring and reporting of activities performed by external service providers, based on the SLA.
- Management and development of external and / or self-developed (data base) applications.
- Management of process computers, interfaces and networks.
- Managing and / or performing or modifications in the MES, other (business) applications and systems;
o act as a Project Leader in case of outsourcing;
o Execute modifications;
o Translating user requirements into system specifications;
o Execution of Root Cause Analysis in the case of deviations;
o Solving small breakdowns (corrective maintenance);
o Advise and/or support the Process Control Engineer and Process Control System Administrator.
- Operate in close cooperation with the ICT coordinator on site.
- Acts as first escalation level for end-users for MES and business related systems.
- Acts as secondary escalation level for end-users with regard to standard PC and office tools.
- Support and advice local end-users in the usage of ICT tooling with PC or application related problems and standard requests (ICT portal, self-help, self-healing, best practices).
- Investigate opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of local business applications for end-users.
- Conduct or provide support to Project Risk Analysis.
- Support and/orset up Business Impact Analysis and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Monitor progress and budget.
- Preparation of performance reports including KPI’s.
- Functional management of application and file servers at BU level;
o Assign and customize permissions.
o perform on a regular basis and report on security checks.
Background & Experience
- At least a Bachelor Degree in IT, Technical computer science, or Industrial Automation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Worked with SQL and AspenTech (IP.21, Batch.21, SQL +) and in one of the following programming languages: SQL, C #, .NET, Pascal (structured programming).
- Experience with SAP or another ERP system and understand the impact it has on the process and other systems.
- Preferably worked with VBA or Visual Basic, Access, Excel, Windows Server, Win SQL Server or OPC server.
- Experience in or affinity with Process Control Automation and Projectmanagement.
- Experience in creating, modifying and / or assessing -technical- project execution and documentation such as specifications, test script and manuals.
- Experience with LIMS (Sample Manager) interfacing Project work.
- Experience in a Manufacturing, Food or Pharma Environment based on industrial batch processes is highly preferred.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English with people from various levels in the organization, analytical skills and you are improvement driven.
- SHE awareness: confirm to the systems and procedures, showing active positive safety behavior.
- Flexible; on an occasional basis with regard to flexible working hours and support outside regular working hours.