Business Development – Satellite Communications, Geospatial Data, and Earth Observation
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI is a leading provider of ground segment software supporting customers in the space industry or using data provided from space. Huge opportunities are now opening up as new communications technologies are coming on stream, such as LEO mega-constellations and 5G, and businesses seek fresh insights from new data sources. We are looking for a talented business developer who would be keen to get involved in this new wave of cutting edge innovation.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The successful business developer will be a highly driven and creative individual able to work with a range of customers, understand their needs, and develop a technical solution with them. They will be part of the bid team to develop and deliver successful proposals. Initiative and communications skills are essential components of this role, as well as a flexible approach.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• identify and qualify sales prospects
• build clients relationships and interest, and then develop a solution encompassing CGI services
• actively participate in the sales campaign that results in CGI signing a contract with the client
• assist the client to gain maximum benefit from CGI services
• achieve client satisfaction with and loyalty to CGI.
• University degree or equivalent qualification
• Previous experience of business development at non-executive levels and developing proposals with a consistently good win rate
• Experience within the satellite, telecoms, or geospatial industries
• Familiarity with software development processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to quality and attention to detail
• A winning mind-set, self-starter and demonstrated ability to learn quickly
• Able to work from CGI’s Leatherhead office on a daily basis if required
• Demonstrates good commercial acumen and business awareness
• Strong analytical skills
• Previous experience of working with the European Space Agency
• Previous experience of software/web development (e.g. Java, C++), IT infrastructure and/or IT service delivery
• Proven ability to negotiate with customers and suppliers
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations. The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.