No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breathtaking performance road cars.
As part of our Track25 business plan we will launch 18 new models or derivatives of our vehicles and look to expand our retailer network into new markets with an aim of having 100 retailers globally.
Track 25 and McLaren Automotive’ s growing reputation is testament to our world class employees. To ensure McLaren Automotive continues to be at the forefront of the Automotive market, we are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join our North America team.
Purpose of the role:
As Regional Sales Manager you will be responsible for all sales activity through a regional network of retailer operations. The role requires the cascading of regional sales plans to each retailer and ensuring that they are achieved.
You will also work with regional retailers to achieve McLaren Automotive’s business plan regarding the retails and wholesales of car sales (new & used).
- Support, develop and drive sales results (retail, allocation & wholesale) for both new and pre-owned vehicles with assigned retailers to meet corporate retail, wholesale and business objectives.
- Develop strong commercial relationships with Retailer senior management, staff and investors to ensure they are fully aligned with McLaren business strategy
- Visit each assigned Retailer frequently to support McLaren business objectives.
- Performance-manage assigned retailers in market sales activities with the effective use of competitive and market data
- Coach and develop retailer staff in line with McLaren requirements to deliver the McLaren customer experience
- Develop and implement action plans, in cooperation with retailers, to correct any deficiencies against the standards
- Ensure that every Retailer delivers an exceptional customer experience
- Coach and lead Retailers to effectively utilise the “McLaren Insight” CSI system to monitor and improve customer sentiment
- Partner with the Regional Aftersales Manager to jointly manage retail performance and customer experience.
- Champion and lead the effective utilisation of Retailer CRM systems & the retailer’s effective usage of the McLaren Qualified certified pre-owned programme
- In partnership with the regional and central marketing teams develop a marketing activity plan by quarter to deliver the enquiries into the dealershi
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experienced leader of sales teams within the automotive industry
- Demonstrable experience of commercial, cultural and finance awareness
- Strategic thinker who can build long term & robust business plans
- Decisive and able to make tough business decisions
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership
- Clear understanding of the business objectives
- Self motivated, creative and structured problem solving ability
- Proactive, energetic and positive individual who thrives on personal accountability and making a difference
- Natural love for, and curiosity about, cars, the automotive market place and future trends
- Flexibility to travel to the regional office in the region and head office in England when suitable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with strong personal organisational and planning skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving