The mission is to make what is already special into something truly unique, to create the customers perfect McLaren.
McLaren Special Operations (MSO) create cars around an owner’s precise tastes, and provide everything from bespoke customisation options through to building ultra-exclusive limited-edition or one-off breath-taking models.
We are looking for a highly-respected Attribute Engineer to join our Special Operations department as the department grows delivering bespoke products into the future.
Purpose of the role:
As Attributes Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the attribute targets across all MSO projects from Defined content through to our bespoke commissions.
This role will see you play a crucial part in MSO’S future programmes and enable us to be the benchmark for bespoke Automotive content.
- With the Function Group Engineers, develop attribute targets and plans to deliver these targets.
- Prepare and present a programme attribute status through the gateway and drive event process.
- Data gathering and authoring of reports to support engineering sign off.
- Support design reviews as required to ensure component and system design incorporates a right first time philosophy with regards to achieving attribute targets.
- Be the lead engineer working with the operations and workshop team to lead Proof of Concept (POC), mule, VP and PP vehicle builds as well as all rig builds.
- Driving the resolution of build and development issues in line with the development plan
- To take full responsibility for specifying, preparing, monitoring, testing, analysing and reporting of activities related to the build, test, development and validation of vehicle systems
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering is essential.
- Significant experience in an automotive environment preferred.
- Experience in low volume, high performance vehicle programmes.
- Delivery of whole vehicle development programmes, from concepts through to series production.
- Can apply detailed technical knowledge to the understanding of new technologies, development of engineering designs and resolution of engineering problems.
- Experience of programme leadership and reporting would be an advantage.
- Highly versed in CAE tools.
- Must be proficient with all common Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Should be well-organised and methodical, with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work well alongside a team of highly experienced Engineers, providing leadership and guidance where needed.
- Must demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, initiative and flexibility, and determination to see a task through to completion.
- Willing to travel globally