Law firm De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek is looking for a Communication Specialist
About the role
Do you have the ability to interact with management and have an eye for what’s in the news? Is viewing content from someone else’s perspective like second nature to you and can you advise others on what that perspective means for them? Can you help us position our firm as a thought leader?
Our Corporate Communication and Branding team is looking for a new colleague, who will be working closely with our three other communication specialists, and together report directly to our Corporate Communication Manager. Working with as a team, Communications develops and executes strategic communication projects in-line with the firm’s content agenda; actively advising the partners and our managing committee on communication issues to achieve our goals.
The role includes:
- acting as a counterpart to our practice areas and internal departments;
- developing communication plans for these departments;
- supervising our thought leadership positioning;
- scanning and analysing trends, competitors, news and general developments;
- working from an outside-in perspective: constantly looking for opportunities to position the firm;
- seeking out content opportunities to underline our thought leadership;
- collecting stories – conducting internal interviews, and publishing posts, articles, and interviews both on- and offline;
- framing content and helping colleagues position themselves in-line with our main positioning themes; and
- analysing and evaluating our social media channels, reviewing the performance of posts, and pro-actively proposing improvements.
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate will:
- work and think at higher education level (WO/HBO);
- have extensive communication-related experience;
- be extremely comfortable with social media and have an awareness of the latest trends;
- have worked in an advisory role and feel comfortable in a corporate environment;
- have a flexible “can do” attitude, (being flexible in your working hours, if necessary);
- be able to write fast-paced press releases and news items; and
- have excellent language skills, in both Dutch and English.