Are you convinced that the use of legal tech and data can change a lawyer’s job? Are you eager to spot the opportunities, set out the path and fast-track implementation in a leading law firm? Do you have what it takes to engage people and lead projects in a high paced and ambitious work environment? Then this position has your name written all over it.
About the role
As a Legal tech engineer you will sit at the interface of legal, technology and data. We will rely on you to make sure that we scout, test and implement solutions that make us work smarter, not harder and improve client delivery. Together with our innovation team you will make sure that our legal operations stay at the forefront of developments. We offer you a very diverse job where you will be handling a wide range of projects. Your role will include:
- Keeping track of what is happening in the world of legal tech, knowledge management, process improvement and data analytics and spot the opportunities.
- Engage with lawyers, clients and colleagues from other staff departments to map legal processes, identify bottlenecks or areas for improvement and propose solutions.
- Guiding the execution of legal process improvement projects and make sure that we deliver value fast. E.g. you will set up and run experiments, build minimum viable products, do proof of concepts, and analyse and evaluate the tests with practice groups to guide decisions and get results.
- Collaborate, negotiate and contract with suppliers on improvement needs, offerings or even co-creations.
- Embedding tools and other new ways of working in our organisation to ensure excellent service and operations to our clients, and continuous development, training and support.
Who are you?
- have an entrepreneurial personality and a strong client focus;
- have great communication skills and are able to pro-actively engage clients and colleagues on all levels;
- are assertive and pro-active, comfortable to take the lead in larger groups and share advice and ideas;
- are used to work independently and manage multi-disciplinary projects;
- are result-oriented and have a getting-the-job-done mentality.
The ideal candidate for this position has the following qualifications:
- WO degree certificate and over 5 years work experience in the field of law, experience in a top tier law firm or professional services firm is a plus;
- Experience with design thinking, process improvement (Lean) and Agile ways of working;
- Knowledge of legal tech, data analytics and knowledge management or a keen interest to develop in this area;
- good command of English.
- Candidates with a non-Dutch background are kindly invited to apply.
De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek is an international law firm that is deeply rooted in the Netherlands. De Brauw advises more than 70% of the largest multinationals with headquarters in the Netherlands. De Brauw specialises in high-quality legal advice in complex transactions, proceedings and regulatory issues for companies and financial institutions. Over the years, De Brauw has built up a large and close-knit international network of renowned law firms. About 650 individuals are on staff at De Brauw in Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Washington, Shanghai and Singapore.