Lubrizol’s portfolio of engine lubricant products is designed to meet the needs of consumers and the stringent performance demands of OEMs, Industry specifications and lubricant suppliers around the world.
The primary purpose of this role is to represent Lubrizol Engine Lubricant Technology at the customer interface in partnership with our commercial team.
The role involves technical project management and problem solving. A key function is conducting product approval testing programs in accordance with industry guidelines that meet customer and industry requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand their technical expectations, and use those learnings to develop project and product development plans consistent with stakeholder expectations.
- Develop and execute relevant project plans to demonstrate proof of performance through bench testing, engine testing and field testing
- Provide ongoing technical support to customers, delivering strong problem-solving capabilities and addressing any support requests in a responsive and timely manner
- Effectively manage multiple technical activities simultaneously
- Effectively communicate status reports on projects and customer activities to management and stakeholders through timely and comprehensive reporting and presentations
- Represent Lubrizol’s interests by creating and delivering formal presentations at customers, industry meetings, and technical forums
- Act as an integral member of the Engine Lubricants team, by developing excellent and effective working relationships with the commercial, technical and sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline, engineering or chemistry preferred
- Ability to work with technical support services and understand their inter-relationship and value to the commercial groups
- Ability to work effectively in multifunctional, global teams
- Experience of managing projects and effective prioritisation
- Experience of complex technical projects with analysis and interpretation of data from a variety of sources to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with SharePoint.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, both domestic and possibly international, as required.
Considered a Plus
- An advanced chemistry or engineering degree from an accredited university or college
- Familiarity with experimental design and statistical techniques