No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breathtaking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Supply Planning Specialist to join our Aftersales team.
Purpose of the role:
As Supply Planning Specialist, you will be part of a team responsible for the on time and stable supply of Aftersales parts to the McLaren Global Retailer Network and to support the development of a lean supply chain.
You will also be responsible for engaging with key internal stakeholders to track progress of projects and critical activities that impact Aftersales inventory and parts supply and Effective reporting on operational performance and projects.
- Support the Aftersales Senior Supply Planning Specialist with operational supply chain activities
- Monitor and coordinate performance for products that are attributed to a selected range of suppliers
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly Aftersales reports and KPI’s and investigate all deviations from agreed standards
- Monitor retailer backorders daily and support the recovery plan to fulfil the order in the agreed time scale
- Sales and purchase order processing and invoice validation / reconciliation for Aftersales parts transferred between McLarens Third Party Logistics Service Provider and McLaren Automotive
- Interface with internal cross-functional teams to support Aftersales business requirements
- Continuously being aware of and proactively addressing potential or actual product shortages
- Data analysis and coordination to ensure that material master data is available and complete
- Identify supply gaps versus demand forecasts and recommend or implement solutions to fill gaps to ensure 100% product availability
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- An understanding of the automotive industry (Production and Aftersales) would be highly beneficial
- Experience in supplier management would be beneficial
- Proactive mind-set that contributes creative ideas towards strategic and tactical business challenges
- Ability to influence and engage at all levels to maximise Aftersales share of voice
- Highly IT literate in Microsoft Operating System & Applications / programs - SAP experience beneficial
- Excellent team player; keeps the organisation’s vision, mission, and values at the forefront of decision-making and action
- Strong problem solving skills, highly numerate and analytical / detailed approach
- Provide a high level of proactive and logical solutions to supply constraints for internal and external customers
- Professional, well presented and a credible ambassador of the McLaren brand values
- Adaptable, quick thinking, decisive, showing strong initiative and self determination
- Well organised, demonstrating a methodical approach and meticulous attention to detail
- 'Team player’ willing to support others and adopt a flexible approach
- Able to maintain a consistent high level of work and output in a dynamic working environment