New to Magnet.me? Sign up now to get your own personalised job matches.Sign up
Lendahand is a small, fast-growing social fintech. We run two online impact investing platforms that allow individuals and institutions to create impact in emerging markets while earning a decent financial return on investment. Through our platforms, people can provide debt funding to non-bank financial institutions and fin-techs in +- 20 emerging countries such as the Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, and Colombia or to renewable energy companies, mostly active in Sub Sahara Africa. As a fintech company, we are part of the revolution that is reshaping the banking- and investment management landscape. Lendahand has found market fit and is in the scale up phase. Three years ago, we raised €10,000 per month, at the moment that is well over €1,500,000 per month. We expect to continue this steep growth curve, which translates into €35 million in new investments in 2019! The Lendahand team consists of +-13 people. Some call themselves the experienced ones, and some team young gods (we leave it up to you to which group you think you belong). Together we form a dynamic and high achieving team that gets things done and is having fun while doing so. What you will be doing We have two Ruby on Rails applications. A public facing and an internal Ruby on Rails app. All running on AWS. We use CI/CD and modern error and log monitoring tools. Ever since inhousing our application 1.5 years ago we have been steadily working on refactoring the codebase. As of now we have 95% test coverage and little legacy. Currently we are working on an API for external parties and on containerization of our applications.
▪ Work within the (small) dev team to deliver readable, maintainable and tested code and uphold others to the same standards
▪ Implement new features for our platform
▪ Challenge and question stakeholders to understand underlying requirements
▪ Refactor and optimize existing code
▪ Investigate and solve errors Lendahand is a small company, so don’t be surprised if your help is at times needed for other domains as well (growth hacking, marketing (data analysis, turn the router off and on again, etc).
▪ Understanding fundamentals of domain driven design
▪ Strong understanding of Ruby on and off Rails
▪ Curious and like to keep up with current web technologies
▪ You take pride in the code you deliver
▪ The job will be backend heavy, but any front end experience and affinity is a plus
▪ SQL experience (Understand what ActiveRecord does under the hood)
▪ Experience with containers, docker, kubernetes, is a plus.
▪ Broader interest than development; your desk may be right next to that of someone who’s working on our international expansion or who manages our investment portfolio
▪ Entrepreneurial and ambitious (you won’t survive here otherwise)
▪ Cash salary: it’s not the jackpot, but it’s OK.
▪ Participation: you will get a very interesting package of options and/or shares. Every team member is owner of the company Page 2 of 2
▪ Yearly educational budget to be allocated by you
▪ A fun and flexible environment where you keep on learning and growing ▪ Change the world, nothing less