The future of the food sustainability…
Like in many other industries, restaurants, cafes and other catering establishments seek to minimise costs and make the most efficient use of their resources. During the era of digitalisation, we are facing huge opportunities to implement data-driven applications that will analyse, present or even predict the resources needed for the efficient performance of the business. According to researchers, the entire food chain in the Netherlands throws away around 5 million kgs of food every day. In other words, the food that was meant to be eaten is simply destroyed. The Netherlands aims to reduce foodwaste by 50% by 2030. Therefore, this is the moment to act and start reshaping the future. A future that is sustainable and efficient and the key game changers are startups. The creative mind will see endless opportunities.
A bit about Holland Startup…
Holland Startup, an Utrecht-based venture builder, was founded in 2014 with the goal to help young entrepreneurs succeed and overcome the pitfalls of venture building. Since then, we have become experts in the design, incubation, acceleration and active operational support of digital companies and their founders. Our core philosophy is “Enabling young entrepreneurs to shape our society”. For the next 5 years, we aim to help 50 entrepreneurs build 25 companies, focusing on themes such as a healthier society, an educated world, financial empowerment and logistics. We love business models that are disruptive to stodgy old industries, or that are validated outside of Europe but not yet available in Europe. We are a diverse, international team of 35, dedicated to find repeatable and scalable business models that can change the world for the better!
As a co-founder, it will be your primary task to validate and build a startup. Holland Startup builds teams of two co-founders that validate and build startups using a standardized process, allowing us to move from ideation to scaling in 300 days. We offer:
- A challenging, full-time (>40 hours) position as co-founder of a startup;
- Ownership from scratch: shaping and pivoting a high-level idea into an actual proof of concept and ultimately an MVP (minimal viable product);
- A research grant while building a startup;
- An extensive network, access to relevant expertise and in-depth guidance;
- Incorporating a company and getting backed by venture capital (and their support team) at Holland Startup;
- A warm and vibrant startup community at our headquarters in Utrecht’s city center, where your startup will be based. We place trust and confidence in our co-founders.
What we are looking for:
- A great teammate: you flourish when you work in a competent and harmonious team. Your fellow co-founder is your partner in crime.
- Entrepreneurial drive: recognizing market opportunities and considering them in a businesslike manner. You’re open, curious, investigative and you have a positive mindset. You’re willing to take on the role of pioneer and explore unknown avenues to achieve business advantage;
- Drafting and executing plans: hands-on and experience in handling projects independently is what defines you. You’re decisive and willing to act, but are always maintaining flexibility to adapt plans according to new insights, changing circumstances, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Networking: you’re naturally strong at building and maintaining relationships with partners and customers; you’re a people’s person and have excellent social skills to make effective use of informal networks;
- Analytically strong: you’re a star at identifying problems, recognizing significant information, making connections between data, tracing possible causes of problems, investigating relevant data;
- Innovative thinking: we are not going to make another Facebook or Google. It’s time to come up with some brand new ideas that can change the future!
- You have affinity with or a background in Big Data, Logistics and Sustainable Business or a related field;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience in one of the above mentioned sectors;
- You live in the Netherlands, at an acceptable travel distance from Utrecht.
- Interested in this position? Send your application, containing your resume and a motivational letter to email@example.com
- You will need to attend 3 interviews in person at our office
- We highly encourage entrepreneurial women to apply. We value diversity at Holland Startup!
Curious to learn more? Please contact Robin Toorneman, Startup Scout at Holland Startup via: firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 819 205 65.