Bird Control Group is growing rapidly, serving customers worldwide. “Never stop innovating” is our team motto. Our customers are looking for plug & play solutions and we constantly improve our products by listening to our customers. We continuously have work for technical students who are interested in learning on the job and dare to take on the challenge and responsibility. We are currently looking for students with Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Embedded Systems background (8-40 hours per week) who will be working in the R&D department.
- Design, build & test prototypes of additional modules (e.g. a solar module which is RS485 enabled and communicates to the system the level of charge, status etc.)
- Testing of existing modules & systems, documenting the process and results, listing possible improvements
- Assembly documentation, updating of manuals
- Test of software platform, setting up testing procedures
- Sourcing of components from various suppliers
- Component, system or accessory design, build and test prototype
- Small customization projects for customers (with full responsibility for the end product)
- Assess incoming defective units and decide on follow up action
Our ideal candidate:
- Has experience writing code in C / C++
- Has experience with programming microcontrollers (ARM Cortex STM32 or similar architecture)
- Has experience with implementing communication protocols (e.g. RS485, I2C, SPI)
- Is familiar with software architecture, design and paradigm (e.g. State Machine, RTOS)
- Is familiar with using debuggers
- Nice-to-haves: knowledge of GUI development (e.g. with Qt, Visual Studio),knowledge of PCB design and/or knowledge of scripting languages like Python, MATLAB.
What we offer:
- A wide range of responsibilities and freedom to execute your ideas
- Daily healthy catered lunch
- A lot of fun at work including company dinners, parties and regular Friday afternoon drinks
- Working in an international environment
- Being part of an ambitious, informal and enthusiastic team in an innovative, fast growing company
- International projects
- Flexible working hours
- A financial compensation of approximately €12,50 per hour
- We hire students that are already entitled to work in the Netherlands and we do not reimburse moving costs or housing.
Our office is located at YES!Delft, the incubator for technological, innovative companies of the Technical University Delft. YES!Delft houses dozens of inspiring companies, with free parking and public transport close by.