As Graduate Software Engineer you will spend 18 months rotating across different technical teams in our Engineering department, Irdeto’s technical engine that drives the development of our cutting-edge security products. From day one you will be getting trained up and quickly contributing towards real-time global projects for our current and prospective customers. To help you succeed, you will have an assigned team-mentor and Technical Manager during each rotation who will guide you and track your progress, whilst you work closely within each team of expert software engineers and testers. As part of our dynamic, multinational teams you will use the latest technologies, in combination with software engineering methodologies to improve and broaden your technical skills and fast-track making an impact in an industry-leading security technology company.
Program Starting Date: 2nd September 2019.
About our products: Irdeto’s media security solutions help TV operators, movie studios and sports leagues around the world distribute and secure their valuable movies and TV programs. Our security products enable our customers to continue innovating in a rapidly changing industry: having to deal with media-piracy and cybercrime, offer new media technologies like 4K / UHD, and provide a great viewing experience to their millions of customers around the world on an increasing number of different devices. We are one of their most important partners when it comes to delivering the best experience possible for their customers. We have almost 50 years’ experience in this industry and in that time have created truly innovative solutions, some of which you will get the chance to work on!
Depending on your tech skills and interests, you may get exposed to one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded | System-on-Chip: Specifics of diverse microcontroller architectures and the aspects of secure programming practices, as well as hands-on experience in proper use of security algorithms and protocols. And working with third parties that implement some of our security requirements in application specific Systems on a Chip and modern (digital) media technologies.
- Watermarking: How to uniquely watermark live and on-demand video content that pinpoints piracy sources and enables direct disablement to disrupt pirate services during major events. You will gain knowledge of the video coding domain (i.e. H.264, HEVC, MPEG-2), distribution protocols (i.e. HLS, MSS) and time-critical applications.
- Content Protection: How to secure broadcasts of latest 4K movies and live global sport events by enhancing Irdeto’s ‘Conditional Access’ and Digital Rights Management (DRM) platforms which are responsible for the end-to-end management and encryption of digital content.
- Cloud Infrastructure: How to develop scalable and maintainable solutions for Irdeto’s cloud based platforms while ensuring high availability, security and performance.
- Keys and credentials:How to define security solutions that protect critical infrastructure and devices of our customersandsupport the secure generation and provisioning of PKI certificates and keys. Our main customers are in the media industry (millions of devices secured) but we are also innovating and expanding into other markets such as IoT, automotive, V2X, WiFi endpoints, etc.
Key learning outcomes:
- How to develop high quality software within the Pay-Media/Broadcast security industry;
- How to professionally fast-track your programming skills and application of this in a commercial, dynamic and international setting;
- Deeper understanding of the latest technologies stacks by being exposed to the newest and most efficient frameworks and tools that help solve our complex technical problems;
- Familiarity with software testing and continuous integration by developing automated test cases (i.e. unit and component tests);
- Completed certifications in i.e. programming languages, software testing, AWS (cloud) and other tools/platforms;
- How to grow both personally and professionally and succeed as an all-round Software Engineer and forward-thinking technical problem solver.
What we expect from you:
- You are on the verge of successfully completing a Master’s degree in the (related) field of Computer Science / Embedded Systems / Software Engineering.
- You have some personal or professional experience with at least one of the following programming languages: C / C++ / Java / C# / Python
- You are very interested in and/or familiar with at least of one of the following: embedded software engineering, cryptology, algorithms, the security industry, scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Any DevOps or cloud-based knowledge or experience would be a plus.
- You are hungry to learn, open-minded, pro-active, passionate, and looking forward to working in highly intelligence technical teams who will help you grow.
Why join Irdeto?
We are on a mission! A mission to secure the world’s digital platforms. Why? Because a secure platform allows our clients to produce and deliver great content. In return, you can enjoy the latest blockbuster movies and your favorite live events at all times. It doesn’t stop at the media industry. Our security technology is also securing connected transport and IoT applications. We are innovative, international and a great place to work.
Our offer to you:
- Competitive annual base salary
- Full private pension contribution
- Full healthcare + dental care insurance
- Participation in our annual Employee Bonus Scheme
- Work-home travel allowance
- 25 days’ holiday annually + generous public holidays
- Thorough internal and external coaching opportunities and access to a wide range of on- and offline trainings
- Extensive local and global career opportunities
Ready to fast-track your career in Software Engineering with us? Apply now!
Application Deadline: 28th June 2019
Welcome to Irdeto!