Unilever is one of the largest global fast moving consumer goods company and manufactures some of the world’s best-known brands, such as Dove, Robijn, Lipton and Unox. We know that business has a fundamental role to play in the future of the planet and that data/technology is key to this. As a result, it is at the heart of everything we do, creating new possibilities. You will have the opportunity to play a part in our digital transformation, harness the power of technology and data, and propelling us into the future.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Our approach to diversity and inclusion encompasses many aspects including developing an inclusive culture, promoting gender balance, respecting the contribution of all employees regardless of gender, age, race, disability or sexual orientation.
What will you be doing?
Technology touches everything from the sourcing and distribution of sustainable ingredients to the marketing, measurement and selling of our brands on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and partner websites. You could be working with our technology partners and digital agencies, driving the delivery of a Global Programme or working with niche start-ups and industry innovators to solve business and sustainability challenges. In one project you will be initiating the migration of our core brands’ websites from start till end, while on another project you are partnering with the Brand and Digital team on optimizing Adobe targets to unlock our consumer preferences. Or will you be working on reviewing AI technology in our Sales and Operation Planning processes? The limitless opportunities at Unilever creates fully engaging innovative entrepreneurship. Our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day.
What do we look for?
You do not need to have a specific qualification to join, but a genuine passion for business, brands, technology and data is a must. It takes a mix of analytical insight and creative business thinking to succeed.
You have a strong affinity with digital and business intelligence, and you can expand your mind to think as a consumer. You bring a digital mindset and will be tackling business challenges in an agile and disruptive manner. If you’re ambitious, determined, and excited by the most recent technological developments whilst liking to think strategically about how their value could be harnessed on a global scale, then this is the career path for you.
Why should you apply?
- Exciting brands: 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. That means you'll be working with a strong portfolio of brands which will give you a chance to make a genuine impact on people's lives.
- A real job from day one: Real roles with real responsibilities that provide you with fantastic insight on the organization, and require you to continuously test and develop your skills.
- Local & international: Reaching more than 190 countries, Unilever is a successful and respected business. We focus on the needs of local consumers by harnessing global expertise and team work. For you, that means exceptional exposure and experience.
- See the big picture: You'll quickly begin to see how the functions operate closely together. To help you better understand that interaction, you'll often work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Great development opportunities: We'll support you every step of the way, with hands on experience which includes functional and cross functional rotations. You’ll also have access to World class learning programme.
What will the programme involve?
- The programme is designed to grow you into a manager in 3 years (if your performance is up to standard), through hands-on learning alongside world-class experts. You’ll develop your individual leadership skills by working on live projects which offer you all the experience you need to become ready for your first management role. Over three years you’ll cover up to four placements.
- You will start your career joining our Field Force team for two months, to learn our core business. During this period you learn more about our business, meet other Unilever future leaders, our clients and get familiar with our products.
- The programme is packed with variety and challenge, designed to lead you through to your first managerial position. You will complete different rotations partnering many of our different business functions, including Marketing, Customer Development (Sales), Supply Chain, Finance, or HR.
- Career possibilities: During this time, you’ll take on a variety of roles, be that developing technology strategies, landing solutions in our markets or working outside of the technology function to learn more about our broad organisation. You’ll gain hands on experience with real business challenges. From using data analytics to implement new disruptive ways of working up to collaborating with a digital agency to create a new gaming platform. First-hand experience is the fastest way to learn and you will have real responsibility afforded to you from day one.
- Your rotations could be based at different business units and you will need to be flexible about where you are based during your time on the scheme.
- Support and empowerment: We'll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you. You'll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- Professional training: During the programme there will be a wide range of internal and external training programmes available to build specific Digital and Technology skills and knowledge. You will get all the support you need to build your personal development plan.
- We have a proven tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking. Future focused feedback and challenging goals drives innovation and ambition within a performance culture and an inclusive and informal environment. We will push you to achieve your potential and make a big business impact where you learn from the best. Firsthand experience – it’s the fastest way to learn.
Online Application >> Profile Assessment >> Digital Interview >> Discovery Center Day >> Job Offer. To apply or to find out hints and tips on our UFLP recruitment process visit:
Requirements for application
- Please note we only consider applications from EU based residents due to VISA restrictions. In order to enter the UFLP you will need to have a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
- Additionally, note you will only be able to apply for a UFLP position once every 12 months.
- In order to be eligible to apply for the UFLP in the Netherlands, you must have attained a minimum of a Master’s degree on the date you will start your UFLP at Unilever (starting date to be 1st of September 2019).
- For Digital Technology Management you need to speak English fluently.
- Please note that we only consider your application when you applied in our system and that we work first come, first serve. So complete the first rounds as soon as possible.
In the application form there is a possibility to upload your CV. This will only be used for filling your personal details, and is not part of the selection process.
If you have any questions about your application or if you require special arrangements/reasonable adjustments to be made in order to complete any part of the application process, please contact the Talent Advisory Team via Recruitment-Benelux@unilever...
Please note: sometimes, correspondence may end up in your spam folder. Therefore, it is important to regularly check your spam folder during the entire recruitment process.