Unilever is one of the largest global fast moving consumer goods company and manufactures some of the world’s best-known brands, such as Dove, Robijn, Lipton and Unox. Unilever has the impact it does because of its people. HR is considered a core rather than a support function, playing a role in shaping business strategy. Unilever’s HR function is committed to contribute to the Sustainable Living Plan in as many ways as possible. We need HR people who are mindful and responsive to contexts, audiences and individuals. Within HR you will help to create an environment where all of the people in our huge and varied culture can develop themselves and the capabilities required for our winning business.
What will you be doing?
Wherever you’re based in the business, you will gain experience of driving culture change, play a key role in delivering a great employee and line manager experience, developing talented individuals and leaders, turning around the performance of teams and much more. It’s all about shaping our organisation from within.
Our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day on a local level, across Europe and the globe. We have a proven tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking.
What do we look for?
No specific qualification is required, except for a completed master’s degree. People skills are essential. The role of HR in Unilever as a core strategic business area means we look for people with ambition, an interest in business and the courage to offer creative insights and execute change. Individuals who are able to build relationships and have a talent in influencing and negotiation go a long way. The limitless opportunities at Unilever creates fully engaging innovative entrepreneurship.
For the Unilever Future Leaders Program for Human Resources at least a minimum level of speaking and understanding the Dutch language is required.
What will the programme involve?
The programme is designed to accelerate you into a manager in 3 years (if your performance is up to our high standards). You’ll develop your individual leadership skills by working on projects which offer you the experience you need to be ready for your first management role. Over three years, you’ll take on two or more stretching rotations across our businesses.
- In the end, we sell our products to consumers every day. That is why every UFLP will start their career joining our Field Force team for two months, to learn all about our consumers and customers. Both in retail (Supermarkets) as in Food Solutions (Chefs in Restaurants) and in Out of Home (all other outlets like gas stations & themeparks). It’s a great opportunity to really get to know the other “Future Leaders”.
- The scheme gives you a broad array of rotations: you can think of rotations in the Global/Regional Head offices, or in one of our factories. We make sure to differentiate between the spots, so that you’ll get a broad exposure to the business. You can be end-to-end responsible to deliver a great employee experience for key employee moments as a People Experience Lead, join in one or our HR Expertise teams (Reward, ER/IR, Learning & Development or Talent) or Business Partnering one of our departments or brands.
- Your rotations could be based at different business units across Europe and you will need to be flexible about where you are based during your time on the scheme.
- Support and empowerment: We'll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you. You'll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- During the three years of your programme you will be learning and developing in the rotations you will be doing, having real responsibility and impact. This development is supported with a learning roadmap full of internal and external training focused on developing your individual leadership skills.
- We have a proven tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking. Future focused feedback and challenging goals drives innovation and ambition within a performance culture and an inclusive and informal environment. We will push you to achieve your potential and make a big business impact where you learn from the best. Firsthand experience – it’s the fastest way to learn.
Why should you apply?
- Exciting brands: 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. That means you'll be working with a strong portfolio of brands which will give you a chance to make a genuine impact on people's lives.
- A real job from day one: Real roles with real responsibilities that provide you with fantastic insight on the organization, and require you to continuously test and develop your skills.
- Local & international: Reaching more than 190 countries, Unilever is a successful and respected business. We focus on the needs of local consumers by harnessing global expertise and team work. For you, that means exceptional exposure and experience.
- See the big picture: You'll quickly begin to see how the functions operate closely together. To help you better understand that interaction, you'll often work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Great development opportunities: We'll support you every step of the way, with hands on experience which includes functional and cross functional rotations. You’ll also have access to World class learning programme.
Requirements for application
- Please note we only consider applications from EU based residents due to VISA restrictions. In order to enter the UFLP you will need to have a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
- Additionally, note you will only be able to apply for a UFLP position once every 12 months.
- In order to be eligible to apply for the UFLP in the Netherlands, you must have attained a minimum of a Master’s degree on the date you will start your UFLP at Unilever (starting date to be 1
- For Human Resources a minimum level of knowledge of Dutch language is required.
- Please note that we only consider your application when you applied in our system and that we work first come, first serve. So complete the first rounds as soon as possible.
- In the application form there is a possibility to upload your CV. This will only be used for filling your personal details, and is not part of the selection process.