We are currently looking for BI data engineer to fill a permanent position in the BI & Reporting team.
The successful candidate will work in a team managing data in a data warehouse solution and making it possible for the organisation to get the most out of the data in terms of reporting, statistics and forming the basis of the decision making and analytical processes.
What you will do
- Manage reporting solutions and tools in the data warehouse environment
- Set up and manage data aggregates
- Build and manage reports
- Implement new ways of using data
- Interact with other departments to gather requirements and implement and support solutions
- Advanced Oracle SQL writing and optimisation
- Create and maintain PL/SQL packages
- Report requirement gathering
- Develop new reports and maintain current reports
- Propose improvements
- Data investigations and problem-solving
- Ensure reports are accurate, timely & meet stakeholders requirements
- Advocate the best practices (testing, documentation & development)
- Be proactive with stakeholder communication and meet their reporting requirement
- Advanced Oracle (11g and above) SQL writing and optimisation
- Creating and maintaining PL/SQL packages
- Experience with dealing with large data volumes
- Qliksense and Apex experience good to have
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts good to have
- Setting up of dashboards and reports for business end users
- Knowledge of Python, Java or Scala is desirable
- Great attention to detail and excellence
- A passion to learn and develop with a growth mindset
- Passionate about complex data structures and problem-solving
- Logical and inquisitive
- Able to pick up new data tools/concepts quickly
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
Click on the "Apply Now" button and complete the short web form. Please add a covering letter to let us know your motivation for applying and your salary expectation. Our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch soon.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our global team so if you'd like us to let you know when suitable jobs come up, please click on the “Register for Alerts” button.