Senior Consultant Workplace Strategy
The function is part of the new Tier 2 (Global) organisation in charge of the Corporate Real Estate and Facility Services global activities, that will be combined with pre-existing Corporate Real Estate Management (CREM) department. The reporting line is to the Global Head of Workplace Strategy, Formula management and Project management.
The tasks are focused around
- Workplace Strategy: Providing an inspiring, innovative and engaging workplace environment, attracting and retaining top talent; Workplace innovation and strategy can play an important role in increasing employee-satisfaction, making ING attractive to top talent, raising productivity and changing culture
- Formula Management: Providing client facing facilities reflecting the ING Brand and supporting ING’s commercial strategy; An inspiring working (ING office buildings) and commercial environment (e.g. ING Branches) is part of the corporate image and is generally recognized as an integral part of a company’s identity
- Integrated formula management can be applied by ING for the benefit of its clients, taking care of the strategic space management, initiating process improvements within Global CREFS and developing turnkey housing solutions.
- Globally end accountable for Workplace Strategy and Innovation for Office buildings (Orange Workplace)
- Globally end accountable for Formula management of Branches (Commercial environment)
- Functional owner of ING Bank formulas for Offices buildings and Branches
- Globally end responsible for Policies/framework w.r.t. governance, process and thresholds (e.g. threshold below which T1 can execute autonomous) w.r.t. Space Management and Formula Management.
Centre of Excellence (CoE) lead for Workplace Strategy and Formula mgmt.
- CoE Workplace Strategy (Office buildings)
- Work Place strategy: translate Orange Workplace, developed in the Netherlands, to other countries, taking into account market differences in space consumption and local standards: “localise” Orange Workplace in a fact based manner
- Continuously innovate the Global workplace and design concept: continuous fact based development of Orange Workplace for Offices, based on measurements, evaluations and market developments
- Responsible for localizing global Orange WP, taking into account local standards, etc.
- For TFM countries: in cooperation with CBRE
- For rest of world: in cooperation with service providers
- CoE Formula management (Retail Branches):
- Building a business platform, enabling fact based decision making w.r.t. standardisation of Branches lay out an fit out cross border
- Develop and maintain in co-creation with ING retail business a Global Branch concept
- End responsible for Space Demand requirements and translate them into design concept
- For TFM countries: in cooperation with CBRE
- For Romania: in cooperation with service providers
- Take on the Workplace strategy lead role in designing the fitting out of buildings rented or build for ING purpose and in liaising with all stakeholders in organising grass root support for Orange WP and Formula mgmt solutions
- Organise change process in countries where OW is new.
- Advise on building requirements and assist in analysing market options
- Approve design process and organisation
- Approve design in relation to space requirements and formula concept
- Decision making in case of issues/deviations etc.
- Creating an environment on both global and country level in which Change and Innovation are common practice
- Design and implement a globally uniform way of working for Space and Formula Management in all countries.
- Implement best-in-class performance and best practices in countries while keeping a good balance between global strategy and specific local needs and requirements
- Jointly with local organizations, organize and execute contacts with internal stakeholders at local level.
- Responsible for organizing and executing contacts with external RE players and stakeholders ( e.g. landlords, tenants, authorities,…)
- Organize and execute contacts with internal stakeholders at Global level according to project governance and ING Group Decision Structure
- Responsibility to assist in organising decision making at T1 level, liaising typically with T1 CEO’s, CFO’s and COO’s; contacts coordinated with Global Head of Workplace Strategy, Formula management and Project management.
- Ensuring that an external supplier delivers their quality improvement program and enabling them to drive the change and managing investments.
- Measure and analyse the service delivery (according the contract) and challenge the countries to improve and/or standardise requirements
- Facilitate and lead the country quarterly performance dialogues with the TFM supplier
- Analyse global reports and draw conclusions upon best-in-class performance and best practices.
- Manage the processes in order to reach the agreed business improvements (f.e. requirement management, Innovation and functional documentation).
- Manage cross border contractual implications
- Act as escalation level for country specific issues
- Escalation for non-performance issues of TFM provider
To be successful in this position the following competences are required:
- Strong personality (in order to deal in an international environment);
- Understanding of industry best practices, especially as relating to Space Management and Formula Management and transformation in large organizations
- A ‘can do’ mentality, proactive, resourceful
- A real team player who does not only strive for personal growth but also for growth as a team
- An excellent communicator, building relationships within the international team as with our many internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical (quantitative/ qualitative) skills
- Understanding of performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of business objectives
- Virtual team management experience with the ability to manage and motivate virtual or matrix project teams
- Excellent communication skills - ability to present quantitative and qualitative formal / informal findings in a clearly defined and persuasive manner
- Advocate of change, with a broad set of influencing techniques and facilitation skills
- Visible, approachable, accountable and available
- Inspire and empower other people by demonstrating trust, openly valuing their expertise and clearly stating your expectations
- You give and ask for feedback to develop yourself and the people around you
- You rely on the intent and expertise of others, you value and respect the differences.
For more information please contact Kamila Falana (firstname.lastname@example.org)