WorldFirst is a fast-moving FinTech business and has been making moving money around the world faster, cheaper and easier for individuals and businesses since 2004. We’ve grown quickly in that time – we’re now a team of 600+ across 8 global offices supporting nearly 100,000 active clients. To support us on our journey we’re looking to hire a Head of E-Commerce Marketplaces.
This is a significant opportunity to play a leadership role in managing and developing important existing E-Commerce marketplace relationships as well as identifying and engaging with new relationships on behalf of WorldFirst. Reporting directly to the Chief Enterprise Officer, this role will work closely with global E-Commerce teams to co-ordinate engagement with marketplace platforms such as Amazon and eBay.
You will be responsible for promoting our services to new marketplaces as well as managing our ongoing marketplace relationships globally. You will need to maintain a deep understanding of the E-Commerce market globally and co-ordinate across global teams to maximize WorldFirst’s success in this sector.
Examples of Key responsibilities:
- Actively identifying, prospecting, and supporting sales team with pitching and onboarding key marketplace partners
- Responsible for building and managing the relationships with existing and new marketplace platforms globally
- Drive incremental revenue through strategic marketplace engagement and client introductions to new platforms
- Stay informed on all relevant industry trends, the competitive landscape and customer needs, representing the company at various industry trade shows, conferences, sales meetings, and networking events
- Collaborate with strategic marketplace partners to drive engagement and cross-promote services via multiple channels
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all support departments, including working closely with client account managers and E-Commerce teams to feed marketplace requirements into business activities and strategy
- Network and consult with prospective marketplace partners, creating and managing relationships with C-Level executives while identifying key decision makers in the sales process
- Support the sales team at key presentations to prospective marketplace partners
- Co-ordinate across the business making sure all key stakeholders are kept informed of key marketplace developments and news
- Negotiate key partner initiatives while aligning with internal implementation and delivery resource
- Drive day-to-day marketplace management activities to ensure partners are engaged and informed.
- Ensuring awareness of necessary compliance regulations
- Extensive relationship management experience with a proven track record of strategic account management experience, (ideally with FX payments knowledge)
- Experience working in the E-Commerce space, ideally at an online marketplace or managing relationships with them
- Strategic thinker who can design and execute on a vision. Ability to adapt to and lead through high-growth, uncertain environments and complex sales cycles.
- Knowledge of consultative / solution sales process with effective techniques and experience with the “Challenger” approach
- Strong networking skills with an active network at C-level preferably in the E-Commerce Space
- Experience independently identifying revenue opportunities through desk-top research and own initiatives
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining global, cultural, complex and long term client relationships that sustain results
- Adept as both an individual contributor and in a leadership role, creating an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including annual discretionary bonus.
- An excellent benefits package - company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst, annual volunteer day
- Perks, including; birthday day-off, season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more!
Also please check out our website to find out more about what we do here at WorldFirst.