New to Magnet.me? Sign up now to get your own personalised job matches.Sign up
Job Description - Placement – Communications (180014H4)
Placement – Communications-180014H4
Placement – EMEA Digital Communications (July 2019, 12 month placement)
The technology industry is undergoing a once in a generation seismic shift. Underpinned by the migration of infrastructure, platforms and applications to a cloud based delivery model, technologies such as big data, analytics, internet of things, blockchain, machine learning, and artificial intelligence offer the potential to transform enterprises and governments and the customers and citizens they serve.
It is no surprise that the technology industry itself is undergoing radical and profound disruption. New companies, new technologies and new partnerships are emerging that will define the next generation of the industry.
Not all of the leaders of the previous generation have or will make the required shift. Oracle is one of the few bucking this trend. The company that dominated the database market is fast being recognized as having crossed the chasm to generation cloud.
· Supporting the EMEA communications team in content creation and execution of campaigns across the region.
· Event coverage and promotion for various charity events within Oracle including blogging and video production.
· Conducting interviews on a weekly basis with employees across the organisation and publishing a write up for a specific purpose e.g. coverage of an event or an interview with a country leader for OWL (Oracle Women in Leadership). A number of interviews are conducted with Vice Presidents and Directors in Oracle.
· Responsible for informing the extended EMEA team about all communications going out
· Creating and branding digital signage and promotional content for various initiatives both within Oracle and for the interns group.
· Admin and adhoc responsibilities when supporting the execution of internal campaigns across EMEA.
· A mix of a creative mind with good project management skills, knowledge of digital communication tools and the motivation to get stuff done would be a good fit for the Digital Comms team.
What we are looking for:
Individuals studying for a University degree in Digital marketing, Marketing, Journalism or Media and Communications (or similar).
· Energetic, articulate and motivated students on course for a 2:1 degree or higher with the right attitude and aptitude to succeed in a fast-paced business
· Strong writing and editing skills with superb attention to detail
· High energy, confident, outgoing and proactive
· Strong analytic and numerical reasoning skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to interpret and understand data and present it in creative and compelling ways
· Good IT skills including basic knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and Video editing software
· Some experience of writing/blogging is desirable and some international experience would be an advantage
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).