We have an excellent opportunity for a Global Sourcing Manager, Professional Services (PS) to join the Global Procurement team, based in London.
Responsible for the execution of global category “Sourcing to Contract” specifically:
- Source to contract for Legal Services (sourcing plan, tender, negotiate and contract)
- Spend and compliance reporting
- Commercial risk management
· Contract Management
- Responsible for execution of sourcing strategies
- Lead global and geographic sourcing plans and execution - liaise with Geographic Head of Procurement and Procurement Business Managers to align and validate plans with end market
- Lead global and geographic contract negotiations
- Lead global and geographic supplier management and drive geographic continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers
- Support local sourcing activities, where required
- To ensure the category sourcing and contract (s) meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply global standards, policies, standards and platforms and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and may include one-off spend items.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
- To capture and report on compliance using the agreed compliance platform and escalate through relevant route
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- Provide information on negotiation results (all specs/grades, clear duration, validity for orders or deliveries) in a timely manner to the Category Managers.
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Category Manager.
- To review and update sourcing plans on a periodic basis in alignment with the release of new updated category strategies.
Experience & Knowledge
- Excellent experience developing and executing Legal Services strategies.
- Experienced procurement professional with extensive experience of delivering change whilst still acting in a collaborative and positive way.
- A depth experience working in Professional Services category, specifically Legal Services.
- Comfortable interacting with and influencing senior leadership up to Board Level.
- Experience in Procurement Transformation.
- Detailed knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic / global level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits.
- Experience in successful development of complex, multi-country contracts and agreements.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Experience in managing complex global projects and programmes to improve performance and deliver service.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts.
- Experience of sourcing at an above market / geographic level for a period of 5 years minimum.
- Understands the dynamics of sourcing management at a global level.
- Uses a consultative approach to Procurement activities, capable of managing resistance.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Relevant business qualification.
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.