New to Magnet.me? Sign up now to get your own personalised job matches.Sign up
Reports to: Sales Team Leader
The placement programme provides a taster to the Sales environment as well as the opportunity to maximise personal and professional attributes required to be successful within the business.
The role is split into two parts where you will spend part of your placement being responsible for handling all UK resort and tour enquiries for groups of 1-8 golfers. You will oversee the sale from start to finish. You will be expected to provide a true consultancy role, offering recommendations based on client’s individual wants and needs.
The second half of the role will see you work as part of a lead generation team. This role will involve generating gross profit through online sales and pro-active lead generation.
• Contact new and existing customers, understanding their needs through a sales cycle, and using this information to offer a series of recommendations that suit these requirements.
• Manage workload to ensure a timely follow up on all enquiries.
• Demonstrate effective communication and integration with other teams across the business to help achieve the sales objectives.
• Maintain high standards of written and oral communication with customers so that our standards/values are maintained.
• Show passion and desire to sell the recommendations to the customer based on previous or learnt experience.
• Maximise performance by offering heightened levels of customer service.
• Form and lead a sub-team responsible for lead generation
• Pro-actively generate gross profit through online sales and lead generation.
• Support the rest of the UK team and wider business by generating enquiries through courteous after travel calls and online chat service.
• Assist the Customer Service team in offering a seamless after sales service.
• Provide an efficient, courteous and professional service at all times
• You are an undergraduate studying for a degree in a relevant field.
• Ability to commit to the full 13-month placement scheme commencing July 2019.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Passion to succeed in a dynamic sales environment.
• Interest in golf or travel is preferred however not essential.
• Self – motivated whilst willing to be a team player in order to achieve individual and team targets.
• Maintaining a positive attitude towards all aspect of the role.
An intensive two-week training program led by current students and continued guidance from experienced members of the team to ensure you have the knowledge needed to kick start your role. On-going training throughout your placement gives you the opportunity to succeed at your full potential. The curriculum focuses on sales techniques, product knowledge and the relevant systems required to reach desired targets. In addition, all placement students learn and engage with managers, mentors and peers through team projects and other organised events.
Chris Williams – UK Sales Consultant
I have really enjoyed my placement year at Golfbreaks.com and would highly recommend it to anyone. The responsibility you are given is exactly what you need to get the most benefit out of the placement year. Everyone is friendly and approachable, and you immediately feel part of the Golfbreaks.com team. The opportunities that have arisen over the year are ones I would not have had if I had not taken me placement with Golfbreaks.com. I have gained a variety of skills that will help me back at University but also in my future career.
Gemma Turner – UK Sales Consultant
Golfbreaks has been an incredible experience for me. Throughout the year I’ve gained so many new skills and experiences that I can take back to university and into my future career. The staff have been so welcoming and made us feel part of the team. I am proud to say I completed my placement year here and am glad to have it for my CV.