In Programme Management we ensure complex projects are project managed through a number of technical, and sometimes unpredictable, stages to tight deadlines. We sit at the heart of Mercedes AMG HPP and are responsible for the delivery of Championship-Winning Formula 1 parts, services and programmes by facilitating the interaction between Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to the race track. In addition to this, we are also leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement students, and during the 12 months you will gain a solid understanding of the concepts, and processes, used in fast moving, dynamic race and automotive programmes, and you will develop skills utilising our bespoke product lifecycle software, as well as Catia/ LCA and Microsoft applications. You will also gain experience across a variety of departments which could include the following;
- Programme Management: Hardware Coordination; be part of the team who ensure the timely delivery of approved Power Unit hardware to external events including; Virtual Track Test, Track Test or Race, following an associated hardware usage strategy
- Programme Management: Material Planning; provide forecasting to enable Engineering to overcome their challenges, and support the material/component supply and specification change throughout the Power Unit production life cycle
- Test Operations; provide component, sub-assembly and full engine testing services to support development programmes including V6, ERS, AMG and Single Cylinder
- Purchasing; ensure the continuous development and management of our world class Formula 1 and Project One supplier base
What can we offer you?
We offer our Programme Management Placement Students the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the industry’s best engineers. You’ll gain exposure to the breadth of Programme Management with the opportunity to fast track your career and develop into a technical Programme Manager or to a wider Operations Management role.
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £18,500pa
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You will be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or above in a relevant Engineering, Science or Technology subject
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level disciplines, for example business studies, economics, maths or sciences, (or equivalent qualification)
- Previous experience using Catia or Autocad software would be desirable
- The desire and enthusiasm to deliver innovative solutions as most of the problems we solve are not run of the mill
- The courage to challenge, backed by a methodical, professional and conscientious approach
- The ability to work using your own initiative and take accountability
- A natural communication style that is adaptable to your audience
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
What to do next:
- Submit your on-line application and CV
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre
- If successful the scheme will start on Monday 2nd September 2019