As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement Students with a rotation plan which will provide exposure to a breadth of engineering within Formula 1. In addition to this, we are also developing pioneering technology for the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Hybrid road car ‘Project One’. To do this, dependent on your background and qualifications, we offer time spent in at least two of the following areas:
- Performance and Controls Software; work on the control of the Hybrid Power Unit - from low level embedded software development through to higher level control architecture and hybrid system arbitration
- Electronics Product Engineering; work on the component and system design of the Hybrid Power Unit. You will experience a wide range of electronic technologies from high speed digital to high voltage engineering, owning the design, development, manufacture and testing of complex, high technology products.
- Test Systems; experience how we mimic the environment of the race track and the road, and test the capability of the component, sub-assembly or full engine to support in the development
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of Formula 1’s best engineers. You will get the opportunity to engineer solutions in world class facilities and, having been thoroughly proven at our Technology Centre, see your ideas raced in F1.
Our benefits package includes:
- Salary of £18,500pa
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree, or above, in Electrical / Electronics Engineering / Software Engineering or related degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example Maths or Sciences
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, thorough engineers that are adaptable, creative and innovative
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
What to do next:
- Submit your on-line application and CV
- Complete on-line psychometric testing following a successful application
- If you achieve the pass mark required, you will be forward to the hiring manager for review
- If your application is then successful, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre
- If successful the scheme will start on Monday 2nd September 2019.