Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of ASML products.
In this sector, the department Software Architecture & Integration (SWAI) specifies, executes and controls the testing and integration of the various software systems into a software release.
Qualify the new software versions whether they behave according to their customer expectation and provide a release advice.
In the role of system software test engineer you will perform several activities in your work.
- Test Impact determination
- Together with the architects and developers, the changes made in the software release must be assessed to determine which test cases must be executed or created to qualify the software for release. As test engineer you assess the risk from a customer’s point-of-view and identify which system level test cases must be executed.
- Software qualification
- Define and execute system software level qualification tests on the various test environments, such as a simulation environment, as well as real Twinscan systems.
- Create system test cases
- Create new system level test cases to qualify the system software. Apart from the functional behavior of the system also the non-functional requirements must be verified. Once these test cases have shown their value, they are automated via Python scripts or as keyword driven test scripts.
- Test result analysis
- The results of the executed test cases must be analyzed and compared against the acceptance criteria of the test. Based upon this comparison you take action towards the development teams to correct the observed
- Test result reporting
- You report the result of the executed test cases to the project leader and submit incident reports in the defect tracking system for resolution by the development teams.
- Continuous improvement
- New issues coming from customers or from the factory are analyzed why they were not caught by our own tests. Preventive actions are defined, amongst others to improve existing testcases, create new test cases, adjust the test process, etc.
- WO/HBO education level
- Preferred educated in Computer Science
- At least 4 years’ experience in testing high-tech systems.
- Visible experience in creation of system level test cases.
- Experience with programming/scripting/automation (Unix/Linux, Python)
- A strong communicative personality with a pragmatic attitude.
- Excellent cooperation skills.
- Flexible and goal oriented, able to realize progress within an uncertain and rapidly changing environment.
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language.
- Takes ownership and is decisive