The consumer packed industry (CPG) is facing an enormous digital growth opportunity. The prominent shift from brick & mortar and related shelf-space towards ecommerce and related new business models, is developing rapidly. Today consumers subscribe for ‘convenience boxes’ delivered straight to their home, whereas the rise of disruptive start-ups offering these services, are altering the existing landscape. The development of new digital capabilities and skills in order to stay competitive in this space are pivotal for Unilever to continue to be a winner in this digital world.
In this dynamic, hyper-connected world with high Consumer expectations we know harnessing the power of data and technology transforms the way we drive innovation, connect with consumers and surprise and delight them by meeting their everyday needs.
To that end, our digital transformation is in full swing. To accelerate our journey at exponential pace we are looking for the best digital talent, fellow kindred spirits who have the passion for all things digital and are not afraid to break convention to be change catalysts within our business.
Who are we?
- We are a start-up within Unilever and our ambition is BIG
- We focus on online food delivery market within 2 hours
- We build an on-demand delivery business across 30 countries
- Our ambition is triple digit growth in 2018 and 2019
- As we are building this new business across 30 countries, we are looking for entrepreneurs / ex-strategy consultants with a lean mindset and eCom know-how
- Instant happiness (Ice Cream delivered to you couch!)
- A movement of disruption, tech and data to triple our business year on year
- An execution powerhouse
- Failures to grow and learn
- ...For each other
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- Drive global expansion of this new DTC business globally by supporting on setting-up distribution, perfect operations and online availability to win in the online delivery market across 30 countries
- Support on setting-up distribution and online availability to win in the eCommerce market
- Drive perfect distribution building & eCom operations programs with focus on excellence and effectiveness
- Create understanding what is success and what is hygiene, and drive both from a global perspective
- Actively support building local distribution & expansion strategies with country organizations and manage, innovate and optimize their plans and execution with clear KPIs
- Measure and track targets and KPIs of countries and our key customers
- Share best practices and learnings across all geographies thereby helping by to continuously and develop capabilities
- Actively support on managing global strategic partnerships (e.g. delivery partners, foodchains)
- Set-up learning sharing community around the strategic partners that Unilever has
- Drive the development of new and innovative solutions and propositions to capture and disrupt the marketplace
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You are a disrupter that is a bit rebellious
- You love speed, action (good sense of urgency) and are very execution focused
- You love the consumer
- You work independently and are an entrepreneurial self-starter with focus on the solution rather than the problem
- You understand eCommerce and have a very commercial focus
- You understand how operations play a key role in Consumer Experience
- You love data (build, measure learn approach)
- You can distill key insights from data
- You are a communicator and can distill key insights from piles of information
- You are a quick learner
- Multilingual skilled is plus, where fluent English is compulsory.
EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You have at least 2-3 years of work experience as a consultant (Must have)
- You have experience to work in a fast-moving and digital environment (Must have)
- You have experience in eCommerce/Digital Marketing/Digital project management (Nice to have)
- You have worked in a Startup/Scale-up (Nice to have)