The Digital Channels department at VodafoneZiggo in Utrecht manages, designs and develops digital services, such as our websites, chatbot and the My Ziggo and My Vodafone Apps. As a (Sr) Front-end Developer/Engineer, you provide intuitive, well-functioning and user-friendly web pages and apps to an audience of millions a day. You make what our customers see online. You will be part of one of our multidisciplinary scrum teams and work on kick-ass projects based on continuous integration and continuous delivery (ci/cd). You get satisfaction from writing high-quality code, unit tests and pipelines. It is your goal to achieve the highest possible conversion and customer satisfaction, as well as effective components for your internal stakeholders: the editors of our content management system.
Is this you?
Skills that will come in handy in this job.
- You're analytically minded. Main or side issue? You see the difference at once. You get to the heart of matters with ease while maintaining an overall view.
- You're part of the team. You're a sociable person and go out of your way to help your colleagues, even if it means setting your own interests aside.
- You're original. Your creative ideas never cease to amaze. Whether it's something you dream up, design or make, it's always original.
- You're innovative. Hello, early adopter! You're abreast of all the latest developments that are important to your work.
- You always find a solution. You're never one to shirk problems. You investigate them thoroughly and have a knack for exposing possible causes. 'Look before you leap' is one of your favourite maxims.
- You're flexible. Plan A, B or C? You're just as happy to adopt an alternative idea or approach to achieve your objective.
What we offer
You give your best every day, because it makes you happy – and because of these benefits. At VodafoneZiggo a fulltime job starts from 32 hours. It is up to you! Based on a 40-hour working week, you can count on:
- Gross monthly salary of between € 3.643 and € 6.019 - with growth potential.
- A Benefit Budget of 14.95% (incl. holiday allowance) on top of your gross salary. Have it paid out, use it to buy extra holiday days or save it up for something nice - it's up to you.
- Annual bonus based on overall company performance.
- Unlimited Learning: unlimited access to thousands of courses and workshops.
- The option of working from home 2 or 3 days a week.
- NS-Business Card of your choice. Travel first class for business and pleasure for free.
- A phone with a Vodafone plan. For personal use, too.
- A pension scheme with additional savings options.
- Discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products and services.
- Win tickets to concerts at the Ziggo Dome, Ajax football matches and more.
- Partner leave? We will top up your statutory allowance to 100% of your salary for a total of six weeks.
- Tax deductions on expenses such as childcare and sports memberships.
What you bring to the job
The skills to write rock-solid code and a DevOps mindset. You area real team player who understands that you can only move forward together. You also have power of persuasion and communicate easily. Besides that, you have:
- At least 3yearsof experience as a Front-end developer, for example within an agency, start-up or scale-up environment;
- Higher education thinking and working level (hbo+);
- Experience with AWS/Docker is an advantage; experience with Cypress and BackstopJS is an advantage;
- Experience in creating and reviewing unit tests: Karma and Jest;
- Experience in a 'continuous integration' and 'continuous delivery' environment: Gitlab;
Only Dutch residents can be taken into consideration