Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling systems and innovation is the key to winning in a world that is changing faster than ever, which is why it is essential for Vanderlande to develop cutting-edge solutions. The use and development of cutting-edge technologies is core to that success.
This technology alone does not make a successful organization and our mantra is “In a world of technology, a belief in people”.
Within the Development Centre Software (DCS) departments you can be one of those people and bring your passion for cutting-edge technologies and have an opportunity to make a positive impact to some of the world’s leading companies that rely on Vanderlande to give them a competitive advantage. The software and solutions that we create are at the core of driving the equipment and processes that make this happen. Be a part of the team that is creating software that is being used in hundreds of the world’s leading organizations worldwide.
You will be responsible for a wide range of QA development areas including creation of test plans, scripts, performance plans, and automation of those into DevOps pipelines for continuous testing of high level control software platforms and applications.
As a member of an agile team working with Test and Integration Engineers, you participate in various product development and project specific developments. You are capable to work independently and take full responsibility for the testing coverage of the SDLC from test plan, reporting, and release validation. You will also coach and train others on testing best practices and standards continuously evaluating new techniques and technologies to improve the organizations quality through a customer centric approach.
Furthermore you will:
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s/Architects in refinement and defining story acceptance criteria for controls based software utilized in automated systems for material movement
- Analyzing system requirements and review technical specifications to assess, evaluate, and create testing requirements for all software components for functional and end-to-end scenarios
- Following and coaching best practices for construction and utilization of Hybrid Testing Framework (data-driven, Keyword Driven) to support both Dev and DevOps in Test/Behavior driven designs and DevOps CI/CD pipelines for test automation/integration.
- Collaborating and contributing to automation test system architecture, methodologies, and processes using industry best practices and innovation of testing framework
- Designing, constructing, and maintaining automated test reporting infrastructure for providing technical, project, and business visibility to software quality at various stages of the CI/CD and SDLC
- Assisting with performance test creation, execution, and integration into CI/CD
- Collaborating with deployment engineers around customer acceptance test plans evaluating areas of automation prior to software deployment
- Working as a multi-skilled professional practicing SAFe Agile in both a SCRUM/Kanban methodology
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and coaching within the team
Your qualifications and skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- A Minimum of 5 years working experience as a QA Engineer or Developer in Tests and at least 2 of those years in working with complex testing frameworks supporting automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in developing automated tests with: Cucumber framework with Gherkin, Postman, Apache Kafka, databases
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Nice to have experience or exposure with: Docker, JMeter, Gatling, Cypress/Selenium, SoapUI, Spring Boot applications, Helm charts, Java
- Knowledge of developing/deployment of test systems/frameworks within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, Atlassian, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex test analysis, test case construction/automation and defect documentation for reproduction.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills along with the ability to work within a single team and across multiple teams and projects.
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team).
- Strong analytical abilities, and able to proactively put forward recommendations in both written and verbal form.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Test and Integration (Automation) Engineer
, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
- On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.