In Industry X we shape the future of making things, and the things we make.Are you (almost) graduated as Bachelor or Master of Science in a technical field and looking for a challenging start to your career? Are you excited to learn more about Geo-ICT, Asset Management, the Energy, Water & Telecom industry and do you have a passion for software development? The job as Junior Developer in the Energy, Water & Telecom industry offers the challenge you are looking for!
- Our colleagues in the services-based Technology group help clients, both big and small, by revolutionizing their strategic blueprints for IT transformations. Which cloud platform fits best with client X? How do certain IT-solutions impact the risk analysis of suppliers? How can organizations become more agile and through what process are new applications developed from design thinking workshops? You will work on project basis for leading multinational clients. You will gain experience with different companies in a short time and will work in various fields. You will join a team of talented consultants and will operate from our office in Amsterdam or the client’s office.
- You will start your career within Accenture with a Geospatial Technology training specifically tailored to your needs. This training is completely focused on giving you the right basis to start your first project with full dedication and self-confidence. After a thoughtful period of project experience, we will further develop your learning plan together with you in according to your personal goals and ambition. As Junior Developer in the Energy, Water & Telecom industry you will work in an international team on projects at leading customers in the Netherlands. You will deal with design solutions in which emerging technologies play an important role. Along with your colleagues and customers you will work on projects to shape the solution for exciting challenges. You will be involved in implementing this technology at the client side. Example projects:
- Development of a Middle Voltage Schematics application
- Building mobile apps and web apps with spatial components
- Development of a Design application for networks
- GIS/SAP integration based on a SOA architecture
- Cloud solutions
- Working closely alongside clients and an international team of professionals, you will develop innovative solutions based on their roadmaps, through mediums such as robotics and artificial intelligence. Throughout the blueprint process you will engage in the development of defense strategies, combining technology and user behavior, to ensure the security of your client. Together we connect the needs of clients with upcoming innovative technologies to prepare them for the future.
- The sophistication of Geospatial data is driving new applications, services and business models. For many clients new technologies and scale effects are making geospatial data a significant and growing asset base. With every project you do you will grow to understand the huge potential that data has in the Geospatial domain and ensure to incorporate this in your future project activities.
Who we are - accenture industry x
At Industry X we like to do it differently. We embrace change. We reimagine. We transform. How companies design, engineer, manufacture, service and maintain their products. We embed sustainability and bring digital into every part of the company’s enterprise. We create value by strategy and design, unraveling complexities with our approach as a powerful instrument of change. The way we do so is by designing and engineering products, platforms and services that build bridges between users, technology and business needs. Putting people and planet in the center of everything we do to add value to our clients’ businesses.
Are you ready to make a difference? The time for change is now!
Industry X is one of five services that make up one Accenture – the others are Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Song and Operations.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- (Almost completed) University Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical field, preferably in the domain of ICT
- Familiar with Object Oriented concepts and software engineering in general
- Knowledge/ interest in Java, Python, C# or Ruby
- Knowledge of Agile, DevOps and Test Automation
- Excellent proficiency in Dutch and English, both oral and written
BONUS POINTS TO HAVE
- Knowledge of GE Smallworld, ArcGIS, or other GIS applications
- Familiar with Design Patterns, Refactoring concepts
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and unit testing
What’s in it for you?
- Accenture is a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Our people are Change Makers, and to support them as an employer, we make five promises:
- Develop yourself and embrace a sustainable growth mindset
- Work with flexibility, in a culture based on trust
- Live a human-led culture of Inclusion & Diversity by caring deeply for all our people.
- Lead and transform our clients with technology
- Connect with our global network of 700.000 colleagues.
These promises are reflected through our excellent employee benefits, including:
- Unlimited learning: access to thousands of free courses, classes and workshops.
- Paid leave: Parental leave, Paternity leave for all non-birthing parents, Bereavement leave, and Gender affirmation leave. Paid transport (budget for electric bicycle or car, NS-Business card)
- A laptop, iPhone, and home office setup allowance
- Pension scheme, Accenture shares, annual bonus, collective health insurance scheme
What we believe
Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. Our leaders are committed to building a better, stronger and more equitable company for future generations to create positive, long-lasting change. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Our position as partner to many of the world’s leading businesses, organizations and governments affords us both an extraordinary opportunity and a tremendous responsibility to make a difference. Sustainability is one of our greatest responsibilities, which we embed it into everything we do and for everyone we work with.