At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product, Design & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
As UK Payroll Subject Matter Expert you directly contribute to scaling our integrated payroll offering for the UK, working at the interface of our Product and Operations teams. With your deep payroll experience and knowledge, you enable serving our customers and support laying the foundation for a payroll compliant setup within our HR Solutions. You also enable the automation of complex payroll calculations and processes. With your deep payroll experience and expertise, you translate legislative text into product requirements. You provide the necessary knowledge and context for product management, product design and engineers to be successful in their roles. You drive the quality of our product by defining test cases and supporting acceptance of product changes.
- Analyse payroll legislation and market needs to derive product requirements
- Define job stories, acceptance criteria and test cases
- Support Product Managers and product teams in clustering and prioritization of requirements based on our customers’ needs
- Analyse our HR products for UK payroll compliance (HRM, Attendance and Absence)
- Review solutions and provide support in user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with Payroll Integrations team to support creating new payroll integrations for the UK market
- Anticipate and respond to broader implications of product – market and customer trends, competitive responses, impact on partners, etc. and work closely with product development teams to ensure prioritization in line with our customer needs, and assist in the go-to-market process
- Create well-structured requirements, specifications and other artifacts, take written positions on important issues, and manage time effectively to always focus on the most critical tasks and topics
- Constantly expand your payroll knowledge and keep up to date on legislative changes and solve special payroll cases independently and confidently using the tools at your disposal and also share your expertise with colleagues from your own and neighboring teams.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- In-depth expertise and knowledge of UK payroll based on professional education or studies in the field of accounting, controlling, tax or payroll
- At least 5 years of operational experience in payroll calculations and responsibility of the end-to-end payroll process
- You have in-depth knowledge of payroll processes and are familiar with the relevant legal principles. Ideally, you have already had end-to-end responsibility for a payroll process and/or experience with the implementation of payroll systems.
- You are passionate about processes and structures, want to challenge workflows and are highly interested in increasing efficiency as well as automation
- Advanced skills in Excel / Google Spreadsheets
- You think analytically and customer-oriented, are well organized and work solution-oriented, structured and carefully.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills English
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage for each permanent employee (excluding taxes)
- Invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme, with a Personio match of up to 5%
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across the UK for €30 per month with a subsidized Gympass membership