We are Marketing. As a team, we actively drive Personio’s growth by generating demand and delivering on the go-to-market strategy in collaboration with sales and partnerships. Our roster of marketeers strategise, conceptualise, create, craft, review, iterate and manage the journey from curious to customer. You’re going to fit right in if you’re ready to take on the challenges and problems of our target group, and transform them into creative marketing solutions that are driven by (and accountable to) data. Blaze a new trail, take risks and break all the rules while creating the category leader for HR software.
Are you a goal-driven, strategic thinker with a competitive streak? Then join our Marketing team to drive our competitive strategy for Personio globally. In this individual contributor role, you’ll be the global lead for Personio Competitive Strategy across the Personio portfolio of products for our core and emerging markets. Based in Munich, Berlin, Dublin, London or Amsterdam, you will report to the Director of Corporate Marketing and work closely with the broader product marketing team who each own a product domain within the Personio portfolio of products.
You’ll use quantitative data and qualitative understanding of our core and growth European markets (i.e. Germany, UK and Ireland, Spain and Netherlands) to build strategies, content and programs that increase our competitive win rates and accelerate deal cycles. By using data, you’ll drive growth for Personio as you partner across a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders.
By creating intelligence on the competitive market landscape, you’ll identify and create strategies for developing a durable competitive advantage for Personio. To ensure we’re winning in the short-term, you will enable sales with the latest competitive strategies and data. You’ll work directly with our sales teams to help win competitive sales opportunities. To help Personio win, you will work with the marketing and product teams to build a shared understanding of the competitive dynamics in the core markets and input into product prioritisation.
This role requires the ability to learn quickly, build strong partnerships across the business, and operate creatively. It is critical that this role is considered a trusted advisor across Personio’s Go to Market sales and marketing, product and customer experience teams.
As a (Sr) Competitive Intelligence Manager, you...
- Develop a strong competitive position to improve win rates, accelerate sales cycles, and help build competitive advantage through content, enablement and deal support
- Define, develop, and monitor Personio’s competitive landscape for our key markets - DACH, UKI, Spain and Netherlands
- Develop a deep understanding of key competitors to understand their offerings, products, sales & marketing, and corporate strengths & weaknesses
- Conduct internal and external competitive research projects, including conducting internal sales interviews & surveys, analysing publicly available information, and driving external research projects with 3rd party consultants
- Identify short and long-term strategic threats and opportunities and present strategic recommendations to senior leadership
- Create and maintain competitive materials and infuse competitive differentiation into everything we do
- Provide rapid analysis and internal communications to competitive announcements—followed by more detailed assessments when appropriate
- Directly support sales opportunities by partnering with account executives, sales engineering, and sales leadership
- Develop tools to scale impact across all sales opportunities such as battlecards, input into pitch decks, competitor FAQs and work with our enablement team to activate these tools within Go- to- Market and Customer Experience teams
- Directly engage with product management, product marketing and pricing and packaging to help drive strategic choices in product prioritisation and develop key assets
- Develop winning programs, strategies, and sales tools that will scale as Personio grows and expands its portfolio and enters new markets
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience in strategic, analytical, product and/or sales roles
- Marketing or sales experience, including competitive analysis, messaging & positioning development, sales tool development, and sales training
- Experience creating and deploying strategies: developing frameworks, creating and analyzing data, breaking down complex problems, and creating cross-functional solutions
- Ability to lead projects from ideation to impact with attention to detail
- Experience working cross-functionally, knowing when to lead and when to support
- Ability to deeply understand fundamental technical aspects of Personio and competitors’ products
- Engaging with sales and senior executives, effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to executive teams and large audiences
- Experience collecting, analyze and derive insights from sales, pricing, product and market data
- Technology experience, particularly B2B software and SaaS
- Sales or sales engineering experience is a plus
- Strategy consulting experience is a plus
- Corporate or product strategy experience is a plus
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Flexible working arrangements with PersonioFlex
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Bright and open office space in the heart of Amsterdam
- Subsidy towards healthcare coverage with a provider of your choice
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities the Netherlands for €30 per month with a subsidized Onefit membership
- Invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme, with a Personio contribution