Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Under Armour has one mission: to make all athletes better. We have a commitment to science, passion, and innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The EMEA Privacy Counsel is responsible for implementing data privacy requirements to support Under Armour’s data global privacy compliance efforts in our EMEA business unit. This position reports to the Global Head of Privacy and will collaborate with Legal, eCommerce, Retail, Events, Customer Support, Human Resources and Information Technology to deliver on our promise to Make All Athletes Better in a privacy conscious way. Your success will require interpersonal savvy, ability to execute and collaborate within a hybrid working environment, innovative thinking, project management skills and the desire to be part of a high-growth, diverse environment. This role is ideal for a team player with a cooperative spirit, great communication skills, a sense of humor, and a will to succeed.
The role is positioned in our Amsterdam office where we work hybrid. (min. of 2 days in the office)
• Work with Under Armour’s Data Protection Officer and Head of Legal, EMEA to implement, oversee, and monitor various Under Armour’s UK and GDPR privacy program requirements, such as updating internal policies, conducting training for business teams, drafting and
supporting implementation of relevant privacy notices, consent statements, data retention standards, and other privacy compliance controls
• Provide subject matter expert assistance and support to colleagues in EMEA on a wide range of data privacy related issues (e.g., innovation and product development, vendor management, etc.)
• Collaborate cross functionally to comply with regional and country specific due diligence reporting obligations
• Monitor and oversee regulatory and forensic development of privacy related matters in the region
• Assist Lead Global Privacy & Cyber Risk Analyst with Under Armour's Article 30 compliance requirement
• Work with the Global Privacy Office to compile privacy program metrics, ensure privacy program requirements remain updated, and identify opportunities to embed Privacy-by-Design controls into business processes, relevant products, and technology projects
• Partner with Human Resources to assist with new initiatives, support ongoing projects, develop and deliver relevant training, and work with the Global Privacy Office to annually update Under Armour’s Teammate Privacy Notice
• Assist Global Head of Privacy with monitoring and updating incident response request process and serve as point of contact for direct consumer/user data privacy queries, DSRs and for Customer Support/Customer Happiness related privacy issues.
• Advisory lead for ongoing compliance projects in support of cross-border data transfers of consumer and teammate personal data
• B2C Privacy experience
• Privacy certifications such as CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, ISEB, CDPSE and/or Cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA a plus
• Familiarity with third-party privacy & security risk management platforms and tools (e.g., ServiceNow, OneTrust, BitSight, etc.)
• Familiarity with Agile framework
• Law degree required and 5+ years of experience within a legal or compliance role advising on privacy and data protection
• Comprehensive knowledge of UK GDPR, GDPR, related advisory opinions and technology-related legal requirements
• Excellent client management and written and verbal communication skills
• Results oriented, ability to prioritize, continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to leverage technology to coordinate with diverse and high-performing teams across a hybrid working environment
• Comfortable working in a global organization and successfully managing a varied project portfolio
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for achieving objectives, including when other resources/influencing others outside direct-reporting lines
• Creative and Innovative: Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively thinking of better solutions; asks challenging questions to understand others and validate thinking
• Collaborative: Reliable, team-oriented player who succeeds by building working relationships, seeking out and encouraging others with constructive feedback; ability to communicate effectively and articulate ideas and actionable recommendations
• Global Perspective: Understands cultural differences in business and demonstrates respect by adapting to local norms to gain respect and trust
• Strategic: Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to prioritize and contribute to the team’s and UA’s success
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.
It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance.