We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Legal & Regulatory finance team at Wolters Kluwer. This is an international opportunity where you will be active on a Divisional level and where you will be communicating with different colleagues at different levels within the organization. You will be part of our finance team of four colleagues, part of the Division CFO group and reporting to the VP Financial Planning.
Responsibilities for a Financial Controller
- Support and coordination of the main business planning processes: Budget, Latest Estimate (Forecast) and Vision & Strategy Plan (3-year plan).
- Ensure Business Units forecast data is reported according to standards and create consolidated Divisional views.
- Analyze forecasting data from other stakeholders within the corporation that can have an impact on Business Units or Divisional costs and coordinate in case of discrepancies with expectations.
- Prepare with internal stakeholders financial forecasting for the Divisional management cost centers.
Business analysis and support
- Review periodical Business Unit-reporting and perform analysis on variances vs estimates and previous year.
- Provide financial reports to Division management and contribute to the reporting of the Division to the Corporation. Address questions/requests from several stakeholders within the Division or the Corporation.
- Support Division and Business Unit-management in preparation of business review meetings and decision-making process.
- Perform or contribute to special ad hoc financial and performance analysis, e.g., revenue, cost development by category and margin trends.
- Provide financial support in divisional/corporate strategic projects.
- Develop and monitor the business KPI’s.
- Perform Internal and external benchmarking analyses.
- Financial controlling and reporting of the Divisional cost centers.
- Participate in the review and approval process for internal and external costs allocated to the Division.
- Provide periodically to the costs center owners update on their YTD spend and remaining budgets.
- Support Business Units in the use of Corporate and Division financial reporting tools (e.g., Tagetik).
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Business Units, Corporation and other divisional functions in a culturally diverse organization.
Qualifications for the role of Financial Controller
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar;
- 5+ years of experience in an Accounting or Controlling role, in an international and corporate environment;
- Strong communicative-, and interpersonal skills, and proficiency in English;
- You are an effective communicator and team-player, accepting accountability, flexibility and building working relationships as a means of getting things done.
We are a fast growing, financially healthy and listed organization. You will be part of a diverse, global workforce and join the team. We offer a competitive salary and with a fulltime job of 36 hours a week, a good work life balance. Furthermore, a laptop, generous contribution to your pension, outstanding international career opportunities and a commitment to invest in your personal development are also part of the package.