Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory is one of four global operating divisions of Wolters Kluwer, serving customers around the world with expert information, solutions, software, and services in the area of law, business, and regulatory compliance. Customers of Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory include law firms, corporate law departments, business compliance professionals, corporate legal counsel, legal educators, universities, libraries, and government agencies.
Wolter Kluwer's Enablon is a leading provider of Sustainability, Environmental Health & Safety and Operational Risk Management software. Global companies rely on Enablon solutions to manage their environmental and social performance, minimize risks and improve profitability.
Enablon is looking for a (Sr.) Legal Counsel with software license experience to work out of our office based in The Hague, with the option to partly work from home.
- Providing hands-on legal assistance in structuring and drafting, negotiating, interpreting, managing and enforcing complex and high value commercial transactions, including (i) licensing and software arrangements (including SaaS services and related implementation agreements), (ii) master services agreements and related statements of work, (iii) partnering, reseller, joint venture and strategic alliance arrangements, and (iv) vendor and consulting agreements.
- Work closely with the management team and sales leaders of the Enablon business unit on customer contracts, as well as other general commercial, corporate and contractual matters, and advise on litigation, regulatory compliance and dispute matters.
- Develop a strong rapport and working relationship with the local management team to help drive the delivery of effective and high quality legal services which are appropriately linked to relevant business needs of the business unit, while at the same time helping drive greater consistency of approach and standards across Wolters Kluwer businesses.
- Help to educate business teams about contracting forms, intellectual property rights and obligations, commercial and legal risks and approval procedures.
- Provide comprehensive legal counseling regarding a broad spectrum of corporate, commercial, and intellectual property matters impacting the businesses, including legal issues related to SaaS, on premise software license and professional service offerings and strategic relationships.
- Help identify regulatory and compliance issues that may impact the business, including data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR), sanctions (e.g. U.N. and U.S. Sanctions Programs) and FCPA.
- Work closely with Enablon management on contractual and regulatory exposures and risks relating to development of new customer offerings or services and related customer agreement terms, promotional and marketing activities, data protection and cybersecurity risks across different offerings and in diverse media and premise-based or mobile IT devices, and international market expansion.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business, its people, organization, markets, products, customers, competitors and regulatory environment to identify trends and provide high level legal/commercial advice to the businesses.
- Effectively manage outside counsel in a cost-effective manner who may support certain Enablon legal needs, whether transactional, litigation or compliance in nature, and appropriately work with other attorneys within the WK Law Department who may also be involved in supporting certain matters and managing outside counsel.
- Candidates must have a law degree from an internationally recognized educational institution.
- Minimum 3-5 or for a senior 6-8 years of progressively responsible corporate/commercial legal experience.
- Experience must include a nationally recognized law firm, and/or the corporate law department of a medium-to-large-sized company.
- Experience must include hands-on drafting and negotiation of sophisticated commercial contracts and technology agreements, preferably including software license and support agreements, software-as-a-service (SaaS) agreements and consulting agreements
- Experience conducting negotiations in a global, matrixed environment managing urgent priorities from multiple stakeholders is preferred
- Strong intellect, excellent legal acumen and rigorous analytical skills
- Superior legal drafting and negotiating skills
- A “can do” solutions orientation
- Excellent communication, organizational and management skills
- Technical knowledge, interest and proficiency
- And of course fluent English language skills both oral and written
In return, we offer the opportunity to join a highly successful, growing, market-leading organisation with a strong mission and values, as well as a competitive salary and excellent benefits.