At HARMAN, you have more than a career. Our agile culture gives you the chance to rapidly develop your skills, learn quickly and find ways to create excellent results. We invite you to constantly challenge yourself, cultivate new ideas, work on something new and enhance your abilities. There are many great opportunities across all of our HARMAN divisions and locations. Like this one.
You will join our Global Controlling department based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands in the position of:
Accounting Analyst – (Global Controlling)
About the Role:
The Analyst - Global controlling is a newly created role within the Global Controlling team and plays a key role in the maintenance of master data systems and development of management reporting information for the Global Finance Function. The position will work closely with ten Consumer regions, the Business Unit and Operations Controlling organizations and Business IT organization.
The position is responsible for management of Consumer SBU master data and developing financial reporting based on key master data characteristics. The employee will be responsible to monitor trends in Customer sales, assessing "top customer" classification. The role will assess regional cost bookings and standardize the entry characteristics for product and customer level inputs. The position will work closely with product master data team and assist in data enhancement/reporting for Global Finance function.
The position will oversee and authorize changes to role configuration and organizational control points in ERP system. The position will assist in role template creation for twelve regions. Employee will perform reviews over GRC role properties and ensure proper role approvers to ERP system. Employee will maintain user access to management reporting systems (Qlik, BI).
What You Will Do:
- Develop master data management warehouse and participate in development of newly implemented MDG system.
- Standardize and cleanse customer master data fields across twelve regions.
- Assess additional material master fields for governance under MDG system.
- Perform quarterly evaluation of customer sales trends globally.
- Evaluate cost bookings across ten regions and standardize COPA characteristics of entry.
- Annual assessment of top customers.
- Monitor and assess intercompany sales and margin developing standard policy.
- GRC role template creation and maintenance for twelve regions.
- Oversee and authorize changes to role configuration and organizational control points in ERP system
- Maintain GRC role approvers.
- Assist in creation and management of reporting dashboards in Qlik.
- Act as liaison with IT for enhancement requests to Qlik system from Business.
- Delivery of strong governance and Project Management for non-IT related Finance initiatives.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SAP (SAP "superuser").
- Experience with SAP authorization.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with reporting tools (Qlik, BI).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively cross functionally and culturally.
- Excellent communication skills.
What is Nice to Have:
- Experience using standard project and business tools including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, etc.
- Time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Experience with Consumer Electronics industry is a plus.
What We Offer:
- A flexible work schedule where you will be able to work from home up to 40% and the remaining days in a fantastic new office at Houthavens, Amsterdam.
- You are going to work in an international team within a friendly global working atmosphere.
- HARMAN offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities, professional training and competitive market base compensation plus a 13th month salary, 28 holidays per year.
- You will also receive a highly valued commuter travel package, a EUR 100,- environment allowance when commuting via public transport or bike. Additionally, we provide an interesting collective health insurance scheme, pension and top-notch employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies.
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs.
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program.
- A unique opportunity to contribute to drive revenue growth and nurture strategic trust-based relationships.
- The chance to work with on complex problems and continues improvement.
And a few reasons you might love it:
At HARMAN we create useful, playful, beautiful things. Our many iconic brands including; JBL, Harman/Kardon and AKG are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard, look for brilliance from all our 30,000 employees and in return you can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities. If you want to be part of a business offering industry-first features, innovation, superior sound technology and the guarantee that you'll never have a dull day - HARMAN could be the place for you! (www.harman.com)
Is this the challenge you’ve been looking for? Click to apply now! Don’t forget to add your resume.
We look forward to receiving your application! Send your application with your resume and letter of motivation. We will process the applications as we receive them. For more information about the position you can contact the Recruitment department by phone +31 (0)6 - 25374321).