Your Career: As the Full Stack Java Developer of INEOS Automotive you will work within a scale-up and fast-moving environment. You will be surrounded by a team of experts in their field and be given the autonomy and freedom to develop the role as we grow.
The Role: The full stack developer is a highly skilled computer programmer who is proficient in both front and back-end coding (end to end service). Their primary responsibilities include designing user interactions on websites, developing servers, and databases for website functionality, and coding for mobile platforms.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions which meet both technical and consumer needs
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- o Developing front end website architecture.
- o Designing user interactions on web pages
- o Developing back end website applications
- o Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Creating servers and databases for functionality
- Designing, write and develop effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
INEOS Automotive: We have one goal: Manufacture, launch and deliver an uncompromising, best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool. It’s been an exciting journey since our inception in 2017. We’ve flown past many milestones and, despite the global challenge of 2020, we’re on track to deliver our plan. At INEOS Automotive, we’re always looking for people who can bring new perspectives to our teams. People with entrepreneurial spirit, who enjoy taking on new challenges and are comfortable with handling risks and uncertainties. 2021 and 2022 are our years of execution and as the new Senior Full Stack Java Developer you will play a huge part in this. If you are looking to join a scale-up business and take on a career defining role, then INEOS Automotive welcomes your application.
For the Full Stack Java Developer, we are looking for:
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle Azure (DevOps) and Node.
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent documentation skills including High Level and Technical Specifications, User Guides etc.
- Ability to unpack complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practices
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’
- A collaborative, adaptable, user-cantered approach
- Good time management adopting a flexible approach to work
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- A qualification in computer science with a focus on software development or a bachelor’s degree majoring in Software Development
- A good understanding of integration patterns
- A high proficiency with data modelling - bottom up and top down, the whole lifecycle of data