The insurance space is changing rapidly. New ways of creating value from data are evolving at a daily pace. Within Allianz Benelux, we are looking for a data engineer who can build and technically drive the implementation of next generation insur-tech data products.
What are you going to do?
- Design and maintain optimal data application architecture
- Drive other engineers working on the platform and lead by example
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional & non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Give support to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Assist in mapping data from physical to logical data models
What does the team and department look like?
You will be working within our Business Transformation Unit working on one project with 20 people, 8 of which are your Allianz Colleagues and fellow Data professionals. This project will ensure that our underwriters will be able to work more efficient and effective.
What do we have to offer you?
We believe that a good work-life balance is important, so you will have the possibility to work at least 60% from home with a full-time contract with a large degree of flexibility in how you arrange your working hours. When you will be ready for something new, you will have the opportunities for plenty of internal mobility options within Allianz! In addition to everything above, you are entitled to:
- We offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam;
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in insurances;
- You will work from our new offices within city centre Rotterdam, or from walkable distance from Brussel-North station;
- A pleasant working atmosphere within an experienced and enthusiastic team;
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with fringe benefits which differ on the country you will be based out of;
What will you bring to the table?
- You have 5 years of experience in a data engineer (or similar role) and a successful history of building software products;
- You have extensive experience in Python programming and,, Sql/NoSql DB Integration.;
- Architectural concepts such API Gateways, BFF, etc.
- Experience in deployment and configuration of CICD pipelines, Jenkins
- Expertise in containerization and Kubernetes platform
- Development experience in data workflow management tools e.g., Airflow.
- Experience with agile way of working is an asset, related to a scrum sprint setup
- Effective communication skills. Knowledge of excellent and fluent English is necessary. Dutch and/or French language knowledge is good to have.