GAR Europe B.V. is looking for a Logistics Executive. You will join the European operations team based in The Netherlands. This team is responsible for the supply chain of Palm, Laurics & Oleochemicals in NWE and also manages the overseas supply chain for Oleochemicals from Asia to Europe and LATAM.
As Logistics Executive you will be responsible for the planning, execution, documentation and finalizations of shipments in and around Europe. You are interacting on a daily basis with supply chain colleagues, suppliers, customers and our trading team in order to deliver efficient execution of our trading book. You are driven to develop best-in-class deliveries in terms of reliability and costs in order to strengthen GAR BV's competitive position. Together with the team, you will continuously look for new ways to further improve the quality and efficiency of our logistics operations.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Planning of purchases and sales contracts including dispatch of inbound logistics, managing warehouse/tank inventory & securing just in time deliveries to the customer.
· Handling of new orders and changes of existing orders (including entries in the ERP system).
· Proactive monitoring of contract & inventory positions, ensuring healthy stock levels & mitigating operational risks.
· Working closely with customers, suppliers, vendors & internal stakeholders to ensure timely & efficient logistics.
· Manage relationships with our 3rd party service providers including warehouse/tank operators & freight forwarders.
· Create & update the standard operating procedures according to the latest business requirements and ensure our partners adhere to them.
· Preparation/verification/issuance of shipping & other logistics documents.
· Monitoring and administrating accounts payables and receivables.
· Registering and handling customer complaints & quality claims.
· Generating insightful reports to support sales and operation decision making.
Education: BSc / MSc or equivalent in Economics, Agriculture, Supply Chain, Foreign Trade
Experience: 2 years' experience in customer service and logistics or other relevant fields, basic knowledge of import and export procedures, understanding of inventory management, proficient with MS Office software and ERP software (SAP is an advantage)
· Proactive and looking for area’s for improvement
· Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment with a keen sense of priorities
· Resilient personality with a strong sense of ownership
· Ability to fit and thrive within a small, dedicated and committed team
· Commercial understanding and service-minded
· Humble approach and curious
· Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate professionally, verbally and in writing
· Focus, commitment, determination
· Ability to take decisions independently
· Full proficiency in English. Knowledge of Italian is a big plus
Golden Agri-Resources Europe is a young, ambitious and rapid growing company, active in the trading of bulk commodities and Oleo chemicals in Europe. We have offices in the Netherlands, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Brazil and Colombia.
Our goal is to efficiently provide sustainable and superior quality agribusiness and consumer products, solutions and services to create value for all our stakeholders.
At Golden Agri-Resources you get direct exposure to the business from day 1. In Europe you join an entrepreneurial organization where you’ll collaborate with, and learn from experienced and talented colleagues, make an impact and shape your own future career.
GAR is hands down the best company I have worked for in 15+ yrs of experience: the energy you feel in office is genuine. Passion, professionalism, commitment and striving for excellence are the qualities mostly shared and found in the individuals that compose such a great organization.