The L&D Manager is responsible for end-to-end training and development for all colleagues up to Senior Management level within the Tesco estate. This will be achieved by developing and delivering a wide range of training plans & activities to achieve business EBITDA targets; and increase the colleague and customer experience at Travelex.
- Lead and implement L&D and business initiatives with the Tesco leadership Team supporting business objectives.
- Collaborate with Centre of Excellence and Global L&D Team to ensure plans are in line with overall company strategy, and address both employee and business needs.
- Support and lead your Management Team with the development of and delivery of Learning and Development strategy.
- Proactively identify training needs and corresponding activities, agendas and schedules to support the achievement of sales, business and people development goals.
- Facilitate timely and efficient delivery of people programmes. Communicate intent of the programme, train and coach managers to keep programme delivery on track and deal with concerns. Put in place appropriate project plans where necessary.
- Develop strong and influential relationships with the wider L&D team globally and share best practice.
- To actively identify and develop new and innovate ways of delivering engaging upskill programmes to a remote workforce.
- To proactively seek feedback from stakeholders and continually adapt content, style and delivery methods to maximise effectiveness.
- Demonstrate effectiveness of L&D interventions through providing monthly training measurement reports. This includes data collection, analysis, interpretation and design of presentation.
- Consider, design and deliver the technical and behavioural development of Support Trainers, and Support Team Buddies within designated estate.
- Maintaining internal and external relationships to ensure that requests and requirements are delivered in a timely manner.
- Strong and proven expertise in delivering customer services and sales focused training and evidencing the effectiveness and results of intervention.
- Management and delivery of L&D plans in line with expected costs.
- Modelling consistent behaviour with regards to role execution, positive attitude and being supportive of company initiatives and goals.
Key interfaces/ relationships
- Compliance & Risk
- Partners & Business Development
- Products & Marketing
Role-specific experience and skills
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role with multi site/ business stream responsibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design, facilitation techniques and training measurement
- A sound understanding of:
- General business practices
- Customer service standards
- Experience of designing and delivering a variety of training solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and high levels of personal confidence and self sufficiency
- Articulate and confident delivering to large and senior audiences
- Strong time management skills
- Sound analysis and problem solving skills
- Positive commitment to the integrity of the learning process
- Be prepared to travel to various locations as required
- Ability to be flexible in the hours of work. This role may see you required to work evening / night/ weekend shifts to accommodate our business needs
- Strong verbal and written English skills
General experience and personal qualities
- Tenacity, drive, the ability to operate and make key decisions effectively in a demanding environment, balancing risk with results
- Proven ability to lead their area of expertise, focusing on results, proactively solving problems and supporting the business with solutions
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to apply solid commercial judgment to lead in their area of expertise
- A strong record of performance improvement in their area of expertise, through increased sales, cost management or relevant performance measures
- Experience of leading change in a complex environment
- People management experience
- The ability to inspire teams to deliver in challenging circumstances, recognising the need to motivate and develop whilst maintaining pace and juggling priorities
- The ability to build strong relationships, developing trust and credibility with customers, partners, peers, teams, internal and external stakeholders
- Self-aware, open-minded with a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- A passion for our business and what this role will bring to it
What’s in it for you?
We believe our colleagues are our key differentiator. We aim to create a safe and dynamic environment where all colleagues can thrive, feel supported and engaged, and reach their full potential
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday – 22 days plus bank holidays! We are keen to reward loyalty, so the longer you work with us, the more holidays you get
- Employee discount platform with Everyday Rewards by Bupa
- Employee assistance programme